• 11-05-2014
    GraemeTee
    DT Swiss Steel Freehub Body?
    I've been looking at a set of Roval Control Carbon wheels for my SS and the hub on them is based on a DT Swiss 240.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a steel freehub body for the DT Swiss hub as I find that the steel bodies last better on my current Hope hubs?
  • 11-06-2014
    psychler
    They used to make one, but sadly have since discontinued them. Now your best bet is to try and find one on ebay.
  • 11-06-2014
    Saul Lumikko
    Which part of the Al freehub fails? Because if it's the cog digging in, a wide base should fix the issue. Slight wear will probably still occur, but nothing drastic.
  • 11-09-2014
    GraemeTee
    The main problem is the cog digging in. I've found it to be a problem even with a wide base cog.
    I'll maybe have a look an see if there's a different cog available with a wider base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-14-2014
    Mr. 68 Hundred
    Do you have a steel cog currently? My steel King cog bit in to my Hope steel freehub. I now use aluminum Endless cogs though Absolute Black has a cog that is even wider.
  • 11-14-2014
    racefit
    Been running Surly cogs on Hope steel freehub bodies for 4 years. Freehub bodies look like they just came out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 09-29-2017
    ka81ua
    Is that the correct STEEL freehub for DT Swiss 350?

https://www.bike-components.de/en/DT...eed-o69400118/

HWRABX00S6530S
  • 10-02-2017
    jdgang
    I have been running a niner cog on my roval and giant wheelsets. Both are based on the 240 hub. My SRAM 10 speed cassettes cause and issue, but I have an no issues with the niner cog
  • 10-10-2017
    mikesee
    DT is making their steel Shimano freehub again. I think a modern wide based cog is a better long-term solution, but if you need steel, they can again be had from DT.