DT Singlespeed hub- Mtbr.com
    JJT
    mtbr member

DT Singlespeed hub

What to do when King won't deliver a singlespeed hub to their distributor in Holland? Just order a DT singlespeed hub, which is available rigth away!

With its 264 gram it's even ligther as the King. I realy like the centerlock system, very clean.

As I like naked I peeled of the ugly stickers to get a nice black super hub in disguise.

Yesterday testing in the Belgium hills and it did what it had to, nothing more, nothing less

The pics:

The hubs comes with spacers and lockring, but without Boone cog...

The hub shell is said to be the same as the tandem hub, only the body is half as wide as a geared body..

Ready for action!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT
    What to do when King won't deliver a singlespeed hub to their distributor in Holland?
    Nice hub, how does the price compare to the King? Do you get any cogs with it?

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    Very slick - is the cog body aluminum or steel?

JJT
    mtbr member
    It's a aluminum body. The hub only comes with the spacers and the lockring, no cogs included.

I think the price (even when you substract the price of the King cog) is a little less as the King hub, but still high. But prices are not comparable with the price you pay in the States.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    I ordered one several weeks ago. The hubs should be in the states about now. I'm excited to build up a lighter set of wheels than my current Mavic CrossRoc UST wheels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

dt ss hub...

I like the dt hubs, never a fault with swiss precision, an example is the dt freeride front hub, you can convert this from 20mm thru axle to a regular 9mm q/r axle just by swapping out the end caps, no need to buy another hub, makes using the same front wheel on 2 different bikes, By the way, whats the riding like on your side of the "pond"? Never been over to Europe, or spoke "flemish" before...

Vernon VernDog

Out spokin'

Oh my

Now isn't that a thing of beauty? Why yes, I believe it is. I am running the King hub, myself, now outfitted with a King Kog. I hope your hub is quieter than mine. I like the look of your Boone ti cog. I have one of those as well, unused, which was casually tossed into my parts bin upon its arrival last fall. Seeing yours mounted on your hub makes me eager to install mine on my baaad black sled.

Certainly one of these days I'll get with it. For now, I will go sleep off the tequila. Adios, amoeba...

--Sparty

Quote Originally Posted by JJT
    With its 264 gram it's even ligther as the King. I realy like the centerlock system, very clean.
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

JJT
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernon VernDog
    By the way, whats the riding like on your side of the "pond"? Never been over to Europe, or spoke "flemish" before...

Vernon VernDog
    Riding is good overhere, like it is all over the world

I live in the middle of Holland, where we have some forrest with small hills. When we want to do some more serious climbing we go to Belgium or Germany, the first only 2 hours riding from where I live. The Belgium Ardennes are very nice for serious biking, but for singlespeeding most of the time to steep. Germany has a lot of middle high to hig 'hills' which is perfect for singlespeeding,

The Berlin area is the most perfect place for singlespeeding I've seen untill now. Towards the former Eastern Germany the possibilities are countless...

Hmm telling bout riding makes me want to....

Just come over to the the worlds in Berlin this year!!