dont buy Jericho- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

dont buy Jericho

Josh Ogle is a complete flake, check out his website, oh wait that's right he doesnt have one anymore. No check his booth at interbike, no wait he didnt have one either. Then again he doesnt have employees anymore and doesnt answer his phone. I tried to do business with him but he alternates between apathy and hostility in finding excuses why things werent done. His favorite hobby is to blame his troubles on employees that recently left. You have been warned.

hot like a box of fire
    great first post.

mtbr member

?

whats going on ?

banned
    Buy Jericho.

I just rode with Josh again today. Still a great guy.

In fact, I'm seriously considering having him make a custom teeny tiny MTB frame based around 20 or 24 inch wheelset for my little grommet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Dont buy jericho

Quote Originally Posted by scottms33
    whats going on ?

Just got tired of not getting calls back for WEEKS! Josh ogle is a talented designer but with no work ethic at all. Everyone wants to root for the local guy but when the service sucks this bad.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

dont buy jericho

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Buy Jericho.

I just rode with Josh again today. Still a great guy.

In fact, I'm seriously considering having him make a custom teeny tiny MTB frame based around 20 or 24 inch wheelset for my little grommet.

Josh may be a good guy but is a horrible business person. Good luck in getting that frame. I waited over 18 months and never got my frame. I mean how long is enough

Recovering Weight Weenie
    There is no shortage of people who know for certain that he's a great guy.
    That is not in question.
    What is in question is him as a business man.

My last surfboard shaper who I'd been using for 8 years took 11 months to get my ordered/paid for board to me. Every excuse in the book. 11 MONTHS!!!
    Needless to say, I go elsewhere now. And I do spread the word so others don't get burned too...

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbguruguy
    Josh Ogle is a complete flake, check out his website, oh wait that's right he doesnt have one anymore. No check his booth at interbike, no wait he didnt have one either. Then again he doesnt have employees anymore and doesnt answer his phone. I tried to do business with him but he alternates between apathy and hostility in finding excuses why things werent done. His favorite hobby is to blame his troubles on employees that recently left. You have been warned.
    Why are you posting under a new/anonymous name?

And who let Pete in here?

Medium?

Just because you want one

doesn't mean he has to make you one. Anonod1ckhead.

You have to understand that JoshO could be grinding out 40 bikes a month if he wanted to, but he doesn't. What the faq is wrong with that? You didn't say he took your money.

Check to see how long it will take to get a Vanilla frame.

ali'i hua
    as for the interbike booth, has josh ever had a normal one? last year it was the art bike, shown large and proud with nothing but a black backdrop. previous years? not a clue from me.

as for josh as a person, we obviously are partial to him. "flaky" is not something that comes to mind when you talk with him...but that's not the argument.

as a business person, i think he's got some great ideas as far as a bike company goes and it appears that he is sort-of re-working everything from what I gather. but I am definitely not in the loop.

will I own a Jericho? yes. as my next bike? not sure if im going custom/semi custom for the next frame. jericho parts? bring it on. there's some quality built into Jericho's parts that I have rarely seen...as well as some customer service to back it up...and I still want a rear cog.

Account Retired

He must be doing something right

People love his work and he has a keen marketing plan with the sponsorship of this board. People that are worthy of respect rave about the ride quality of his frames and the photo's I've seen look very nice indeed. Custom bikes take a long time....they require patience and a quiet unrushed approach that does not reflect today's instant gratification trends. Maybe a Jericho isn't right for you. It's not like they are the only folks offering boutique steel SS frames in the world.

cut like the fog.

buy a jericho

but don't sell your other bike while waiting for it. All of the Jerichos I've owner are/were the best riding bike I've ever thrown a leg over.

Every business has to have a dreamer, an accountant, and a sonof*****. Josh is the dreamer and his bikes are unparalleled. His ability to do the above three by himselft is limited and I'm happier that he's better at building frames. When he gets Jericho restructured, he can concentrate on what he does best which is weld and create.

As a person...one of the best guys I know.

b.

Nomad
    Maybe he bought Swobo and is busy ressurrecting them.
    Convince me

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004

Classic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Maybe he bought Swobo and is busy ressurrecting them.
    I was just about to make a Tim Parr reference when I read your post.

mtbr member

nice case...

Sounds like you have a serious case of vaginal sand and a bit of angst. The cure-all is a full throttle cholo-style punch on the face.

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Sweet! The board has always needed a guru. I guess you're it.
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

banned

or...

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    The cure-all is a full throttle cholo-style punch on the face.
    You could use the infamous and sneaky cholo bolo punch. I got one of those in high school, though the next time I was face to face with that particular vato he got your version...

banned

fer sher

Quote Originally Posted by aosty
    And who let Pete in here?
    Those chicken legs couldn't push a 32x18 up Prime Cut.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Those chicken legs couldn't push a 32x18 up Prime Cut.
    Must not make comment about walking in clay for 9 hours...

Day 5, Friday

Damn. No self-control.

banned

predictable

Quote Originally Posted by Pete

Day 5, Friday

Damn. No self-control.
    You're such a dredge! If the weather holds out past the rifle hunting season, I'll be going back up there. BTW, Angry and I have been riding untrammeled stuff in that general area that has not seen tracks in years, maybe not ever as far as bikes go. Its got a great flow and scenery to go with it, as well as some fun technical. No FFTF crowds to contend with and no huge climbs.

Probably drunk right now

Don't be an a-hole, JD...

You're such a dredge! If the weather holds out past the rifle hunting season, I'll be going back up there. BTW, Angry and I have been riding untrammeled stuff in that general area that has not seen tracks in years, maybe not ever as far as bikes go. Its got a great flow and scenery to go with it, as well as some fun technical. No FFTF crowds to contend with and no huge climbs.
    Cut Pete some slack. His mom's cat just died.

"no huge climbs"... riiiight.... the rest of the ride is downhill from here....

Ken

try driving your car less
    thanks for warning me! and he does have a website
    http://www.chrisjericho.com/
    or just google 'jericho' and click 'im feeling lucky'
    check out the picture gallery. this dude likes to party! the fan art roolz.
    I saw a 'jericho' frame on the wall in the shop in downieville once. and on a race course the guy in front of me had one. he wiped out, so they must be bad.
    I don't have an interbike booth, either. or employees. and sometimes i dont even answer my phone. but my favorite hobby is ... umm... internet chat rooms???

ha ha just having fun here. it's raining.
    Only boring people get bored.

DAS
    mtbr member

That's what you get

I have heard negative feedback on Jericho for years...bad customer service, slow frame builder, etc. But, I've also heard he is a great guy, makes fantastic bikes, etc, as has been emphasized in this thread. He's also very innovative...suffer ring, glow in the dark paint, EBB, etc.

So I would say if you go with Jericho that you are taking a risk that your frame may take forever, may need repair later, may cost more than the average frame, etc, but you are getting a quality bike with soul in the end. If you want a fast frame, go with Trek, but if you take the plunge and go with a customer frame builder you accept tradeoffs like speed and availability that make it worth it the end when you get your one-of-a-kind made for you mack-daddy sweet frame.

People complain that Chester takes his time building frames, but no one ever complains about the quality of their Chester frame, myself included.

Word.

Is my rear tire flat?

I was just wondering why......

For a website that is no longer and obviously a defunct company..... why does MTBR still have there banner posted and have them sponsoring certain forums. Just seems lame to have a big bold banner link to a website/business that is no longer.....
    Liberty Lake Wa.

banned

jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    Cut Pete some slack. His mom's cat just died.

"no huge climbs"... riiiight.... the rest of the ride is downhill from here....

Ken
    You're just jealous because you weren't on that ride.

Probably drunk right now

I enjoyed the faltering...

You're just jealous because you weren't on that ride.
    I enjoyed the faltering legs of those who rode on the ride the following day. I had a great time living vicariously through them as they cussed you and cursed future generations of D's.

We did miss you on the Monday ride, though. Great trail, mostly great riders and me.

Maybe next year?

Ken

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbennett
    For a website that is no longer and obviously a defunct company..... why does MTBR still have there banner posted and have them sponsoring certain forums. Just seems lame to have a big bold banner link to a website/business that is no longer.....
    Yea, that is strange. That damn banner is taking up 2-3" of the screen, yet when you click on it, the Jericho website is gone. Whats up with dat? Did i miss soemthing? Did Jericho go the way of Enron?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ajoc_prez
    Yea, that is strange. That damn banner is taking up 2-3" of the screen, yet when you click on it, the Jericho website is gone. Whats up with dat? Did i miss soemthing? Did Jericho go the way of Enron?
    I guess grandma finally ran out of money

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bones
    Every business has to have a dreamer, an accountant, and a sonof*****. Josh is the dreamer and his bikes are unparalleled. His ability to do the above three by himselft is limited and I'm happier that he's better at building frames. When he gets Jericho restructured, he can concentrate on what he does best which is weld and create.

As a person...one of the best guys I know.

b.
    If this guy really is having some business problems, but intends to make a comeback, he should post on here and let everybody know whats going down. How long has the Jericho website been down? Is it just a recent thing?

I was actually considering buying one the Jericho frames, but I'm glad I found out about this interesting turn of events. Lots of flaky types in the bike biz, I guess thats why its better to stick to the ones that have been around for a long time.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Exactly, unless you did no research

I'm not sure how you could have missed the comments regarding Jericho and delivery on frames. Seems this topic comes up once every six months or so, even when the website worked. I know some people who ride his frames and love them, but those same people are people he would also call friends of a sort. I've also heard those same people b!tch about him as well. So for the average Joe out there going custom, I'd be very careful about who and what you choose.

If the original poster was lead on by Ogle than he has a right to be upset, at the same time, waiting around that long to get one of his frames, he should take some blame himself. Cut ties and move on with regard to the frame, if he has your money, take him to small claims court.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger___
    I'm not sure how you could have missed the comments regarding Jericho and delivery on frames. Seems this topic comes up once every six months or so, even when the website worked. I know some people who ride his frames and love them, but those same people are people he would also call friends of a sort. I've also heard those same people b!tch about him as well. So for the average Joe out there going custom, I'd be very careful about who and what you choose.
    I'm surprised MTBR would even allow a company with this track record to be a sponsor and have a large banner hogging space on one of their more popular forums. I wonder how many people got the run around after being lured into the Jericho website and ordering something from them without knowing the consequences.

I'd be interested to hear MTBR's take on this. Don't the founders post on here anymore? Seems like they would have noticed the missing website and pulled the banner. MTBR seems to be having issues of its own though. I don't come here often, but the site seems awful slow compared to the way it used to be, and I did notice the Interbike coverage seemed to be lame this year. I guess MTBR just aint what it used to be.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hey Eddy, to politely disagree

What's wrong with it IMO and that would go for any builders, is if he/they are taking phone calls/orders and not being honest about the situation they're misleading people(delays happen of course). Of course a person can choose what it is they want to do, but they should be honest as well. It's pretty easy to be honest, example; "hey man, I'm really not able to do any production right now. If you're willing to come back in a year, cool. If not, I understand." This was the approach Matt Chester used when I contacted him about a possible frame three years ago, I appreciated his honesty, and it allowed me to make a decision that I couldn't have made if he misled me otherwise. That honesty seems to have plenty of people waiting for his frames on his timeframe.

IMO, it's simple, if you decide to make frames and sell them, you're assuming the responsiblity to have good business sense, and if you do not act responsibly, well threads like this pop up on the internet. It's too bad really, especially since so many vouche for his personal character.

Jed Peters
    I'm surprised MTBR would even allow a company with this track record to be a sponsor and have a large banner hogging space on one of their more popular forums. I wonder how many people got the run around after being lured into the Jericho website and ordering something from them without knowing the consequences.

I'd be interested to hear MTBR's take on this. Don't the founders post on here anymore? Seems like they would have noticed the missing website and pulled the banner. MTBR seems to be having issues of its own though. I don't come here often, but the site seems awful slow compared to the way it used to be, and I did notice the Interbike coverage seemed to be lame this year. I guess MTBR just aint what it used to be.
    You're a dork.

I know of about 5 MTBR employees with Jericho.

And he PAID for that banner ad, you REEEEEEEEEEEE.

Bikes not Bombs.....

Nice TROLL dude.....

Lots of biters on this one..... so who is this MTBGURUGUY?

I met Josh awhile back, seems level headed. I can't imagine waiting 18 months for a frame, doesn't seem reasonable on either end of that deal.....

If this guy thinks Josh is bad.... he probably wans't around in the late 80's when the CNC era took off and there were plenty of flaky manufacturers around.

JS
    Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... -

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    You're a dork.

I know of about 5 MTBR employees with Jericho.

And he PAID for that banner ad, you REEEEEEEEEEEE.
    So, you think it would be too much trouble for the owner of this Jericho place to post a message on here and let everybody know whats up? That would end all this speculation of whats going on wouldn't it? I'm no dork, just curious whats going on with a company I wanted to do business with. Seems sketchy when I do a search on Jericho and find all kinds of threads about where the website is, why nobody answers the phone, and so on, but there is NOT ONE thread that actually explains whats going on with the company. That, IMHO, is kind of odd. Maybe you have the answer for us?

PS - you said "I know of about 5 MTBR employees with Jericho.". I'm no engrish major, so what does that mean? That the MTBR guys got their frames (and their money for the banner), so they could care less if others are getting scammed? Exprain to me.

FUD

Jan 2004

I agree

it would appear that some of the regulars/locals/friends of jericho are circling the wagons... regardless of how stellar of a rider/dude jericho's "owner" may be, he does appear, based on this and previous threads, to be a weak individual to deal with professionally. If this thread were one complaining about similair practices from trek/S/c-dale or any other large company there would likely be universal condemnation, yet because <i>"You have to understand that JoshO could be grinding out 40 bikes a month if he wanted to, but he doesn't."</i> and <i>"I know of about 5 MTBR employees with Jericho."</i> (and wtf <b>does</b> that mean, exactly?) the dude gets a pass. screw that, if he's dicking people around with or w/o money changing hands, he's not doing anyone any favors by continuing to stay in "business". Even if the original poster hasn't coughed up any $, he's still apparently invested a good deal of time and likely lost a season or so that he could have spent riding a frame built by someone else. mtbr shouldn't be continuing to run their banner ad (paid or unpaid) if it redirects <a href="http://apps5.oingo.com/apps/domainpark/domainpark.cgi?client=netw8744&s=www.jerichobicycl es.com">here</a>
    . what's the point of a banner ad for a dubious "company" with a dead link? cut ties, resell the banner space cheap to surly, on-one or somebody else that's not brain dead.

My post is that way --->
    Jan 2004
    [QUOTE=FUD]Even if the original poster hasn't coughed up any $, he's still apparently invested a good deal of time and likely lost a season or so that he could have spent riding a frame built by someone else. QUOTE]

He surely can't be that stupid, can he? Though I can understand why he would keep that to himself if it is the case, 'cuz he sure hasn't said that here.

I can't see how any criticism can be levelled at MTBR personally. They are, after all, providing the forum on which this discussion can take place, free of editorial intervention or bias. And the suggestion that he is scamming people seems to have no basis in fact. What is happening with the business has been discussed on here often enough, again without any editorial intervention or bias.
    Wibble

FUD

Jan 2004

meh.

Quote Originally Posted by scorcher seb
    He surely can't be that stupid, can he? Though I can understand why he would keep that to himself if it is the case, 'cuz he sure hasn't said that here.

I can't see how any criticism can be levelled at MTBR personally. They are, after all, providing the forum on which this discussion can take place, free of editorial intervention or bias. And the suggestion that he is scamming people seems to have no basis in fact. What is happening with the business has been discussed on here often enough, again without any editorial intervention or bias.
    don't know. its the sentence "I tried to do business with him but he alternates between apathy and hostility in finding excuses why things werent done.". that would lead me to believe that he'd at least gotten some sort of time commitment for something from jericho. and apparently wasn't too pleased with the progress or lack thereof. maybe the OP is a flake, who knows, but advertising for work that you know you can't or won't do is just dumb. and irresponsible, because you're wasting somebody's time if nothing else. as for the forum, in general, you're probably right that mtbr isn't in any way responsible for the practices of a site which runs banners here but last I looked jericho "sponsored" the ss forum as well, implying some sort of greater relationship and unspoken endorsement (my opinion) from mtbr.com. if it were my site, I'd cut them off. it's equally curious why jericho continues to buy ad space, I mean there's no point advertising a product you have no intention of selling.

Jed Peters
    So, you think it would be too much trouble for the owner of this Jericho place to post a message on here and let everybody know whats up? That would end all this speculation of whats going on wouldn't it? I'm no dork, just curious whats going on with a company I wanted to do business with. Seems sketchy when I do a search on Jericho and find all kinds of threads about where the website is, why nobody answers the phone, and so on, but there is NOT ONE thread that actually explains whats going on with the company. That, IMHO, is kind of odd. Maybe you have the answer for us?

PS - you said "I know of about 5 MTBR employees with Jericho.". I'm no engrish major, so what does that mean? That the MTBR guys got their frames (and their money for the banner), so they could care less if others are getting scammed? Exprain to me.
    WTF are you tools talking about?

Okay, I left off "bikes". I know of about 5 (sorry, 7) former and current MTBR employees with Jerichos. They have them because the bikes are awesome.

Who did Josh screw over that's posting here? Did the first poster ever put up money that Ogle stole? No. Was that claim made? No.

He ADVERTISES on this forum with MTBR because he PAID FOR IT IN ADVANCE. Because his website is down, and has been for some time, DOES NOT MEAN HE CANNOT HAVE A BANNER AD.

And another thing, Mr. Super Sleuth (aka Gipple) why the hell do you care?

Okay, one other thing....why should MTBR care if users of thier message board had problems with one of their sponsors? This is akin to me having a problem with Brawny shop wipes....and then me blaming NBC for having thier commercials on television, and not giving a crap about me. Get real, tool.

P.S. I know that you're not the kind of person Josh would want to sell a frame to, so I'll save you the effort...don't bother calling him.

banned
    guru - what is it with your focus on being a "businessman"? where is this almighty rule that says every frame builder must be a "businessman" of the sort that YOU prefer? I'm afraid I missed that almighty rule when I began my own framebuilding business... which, incidentally, is even more low-key and low-profile than Jericho's... probably because my frames aren't quite up to Josh's standards.

J.D. and Pete: I would be running 32x20 on Prime Cut, and wouldn't even bother trying the 32x18. Yes, my legs are skinny. Maybe in a few weeks I can come down there and try to get my skinnylegged arse up Prime Cut on a 32x20... hell, even if I'm pushing the bike I'm still doing Prime Cut on a 32x20.

everyone else: what is with people thinking that Josh Ogle has a duty to all these interested focks here at MTBR? those who know him know that he's got integrity and character, so why should random persons' attitudes about him matter one whit?

My post is that way --->
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    guru - what is it with your focus on being a "businessman"? where is this almighty rule that says every frame builder must be a "businessman" of the sort that YOU prefer? I'm afraid I missed that almighty rule when I began my own framebuilding business... which, incidentally, is even more low-key and low-profile than Jericho's... probably because my frames aren't quite up to Josh's standards.

J.D. and Pete: I would be running 32x20 on Prime Cut, and wouldn't even bother trying the 32x18. Yes, my legs are skinny. Maybe in a few weeks I can come down there and try to get my skinnylegged arse up Prime Cut on a 32x20... hell, even if I'm pushing the bike I'm still doing Prime Cut on a 32x20.

everyone else: what is with people thinking that Josh Ogle has a duty to all these interested focks here at MTBR? those who know him know that he's got integrity and character, so why should random persons' attitudes about him matter one whit?

32:20 should be fine on Prime Cut. Just watch out for geriatric hikers and children trying to overtake you.
    Wibble

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I don't see the problem

I don't know Josh but what I have seen of his Jericho bikes, I have been very impressed.
    I own a number of custom bikes, and all of them have taken some time from conception to completion, the price of getting what you want is all I see.
    My next couple of bikes will probably take over a year each to be completed. But they will be the exact bikes that I want.
    If you want a bike quick, don't go to a custom maker and then complain "it's taking too long, Oh poor me."

Just my 2 cents worth.

FUD

Jan 2004

unreal.

WTF are you tools talking about?..blah blah..tools...super sleuth....Im cool...you're not..blah blah blah blah...
    ...don't bother calling him.

like I said...circling the wagons.

Jed Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by FUD
    like I said...circling the wagons.
    Very real, apparently so much so that you have to mock me out of your own lack of self worth.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    LOL, this thread is focking hilarious. Zonic must have some vested interest in Jericho, or atleast be friends with the owner. All I ask for is maybe the owner of Jericho to post a thread on here explaining the situation, and I get chastised for it? Wouldn't that be the prudent business thing to do? Geez. Instead, there are threads like this one that make Jericho look bad, cept for a few loyals making excuses for the company because they happen to make good bikes. What about the other aspects of running a business though. Just because the guy is a great frame builder, he should allow the other aspects of the biz to go to hell, yet still want to be respected as a legitimate company? If you ask me, he's losing business every day he doesn't have a website up or doesn't answer the phone. Thats fine and dandy if he's an artist and selling frames is just a hobby. But then I ask, WTF does he sponsor a forum like this for?

This aint rocket science folks, but Zonic must own stock in the company or something.

Jed Peters
    All I ask for is maybe the owner of Jericho to post a thread on here explaining the situation, and I get chastised for it?

Right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Right.
    Its pretty simple. This thread would not exist if the banner linking to a non-existant website was removed. That, I would say, would be good for MTBR to do. Whats the point in linking to a website that doesn't exist? Or here's a brilliant idea...maybe it could be linking to a page on jerichobicycles.com that explained the situation the company was going thru. This might clear things up, and there wouldn't be threads like this on mtbr asking what happened to the company and people like you making excuses. Do a search on jericho and you'll find several threads like this one. Its a simple problem to fix aint it?

Back to you.

banned
    Its pretty simple. This thread would not exist if the banner linking to a non-existant website was removed.
    AS LoNG AS HE PAyING HE CAN LinK TO A DEAD PAGE.

WHY u CARE?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan

WHY u CARE?

But isn't that stupid. I mean, doesn't it make potential buyers wonder what happened to the company? Maybe somebody could start a "What happened to Jericho" thread, and somebody like Zonic could explain. I guess all we want to know is what happened? Are they gone for good? Just restructuring? Whats the deal. I did a search and never found anybody that actually explained what happened. Weird if you ask me, especially considering there is a banner AND Jericho is the official sponsor of this forum. I can't believe the few that are circling the wagons think this is business as usual.

Maybe we'd wait until spring to buy that new frame if we know they are going to be back. If they are gone for good because the guy decided he could make more money building flag poles, then we'll look elsewhere. This thread is rediculously tiresome.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scorcher seb
    32:20 should be fine on Prime Cut. Just watch out for geriatric hikers and children trying to overtake you.
    I don't start to worry until the centipedes start complaining!

Probably drunk right now

Does this really keep you up at night?

But isn't that stupid. I mean, doesn't it make potential buyers wonder what happened to the company? Maybe somebody could start a "What happened to Jericho" thread, and somebody like Zonic could explain. I guess all we want to know is what happened? Are they gone for good? Just restructuring? Whats the deal. I did a search and never found anybody that actually explained what happened. Weird if you ask me, especially considering there is a banner AND Jericho is the official sponsor of this forum. I can't believe the few that are circling the wagons think this is business as usual.

Maybe we'd wait until spring to buy that new frame if we know they are going to be back. If they are gone for good because the guy decided he could make more money building flag poles, then we'll look elsewhere. This thread is rediculously tiresome.
    Do you really care this much? So the banner leads to a dead link. Do you really care? Has Josh treated you poorly? Has your Jericho frame cracked? Does he have some or all of your money?

It may not be business as usual, I'll grant you that but is it really worth your 60 Minutes birddogging to get to the bottom of this ever so fascinating story? Here, I'll help you out:

The cycling industry is chock full of people who are passionite about what they do. So these passionite people make a go of it. Sometimes these people are fantastic at what they do, but they're not good business people. They make poor business decisions but they still love bikes. What sets them apart from some nameless guy posting on a free bulletin board on the net is that regardless of whether they're savvy at business or not, they had the guts to give it a go.

Ken

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Do you really care this much? So the banner leads to a dead link. Do you really care? Has Josh treated you poorly? Has your Jericho frame cracked? Does he have some or all of your money?

It may not be business as usual, I'll grant you that but is it really worth your 60 Minutes birddogging to get to the bottom of this ever so fascinating story? Here, I'll help you out:

The cycling industry is chock full of people who are passionite about what they do. So these passionite people make a go of it. Sometimes these people are fantastic at what they do, but they're not good business people. They make poor business decisions but they still love bikes. What sets them apart from some nameless guy posting on a free bulletin board on the net is that regardless of whether they're savvy at business or not, they had the guts to give it a go.

Ken
    LOL, all I want to know is what happened to Jericho. Is it so hard to get a straight answer, or does nobody know the answer. So far, I've heard Josh is a great guy, Josh has great character, Josh builds the best frames, yadda yadda yadda. Thats fine, I'm not disputing that. The guy that started this thread was a bit harsh. Maybe he should have just asked what happened to Jericho, why they don't answer their phone, etc. So far, nobody has answered that. If somebody did, this thread would have rolled off the page by now. And as an added bonus, people that click on the dead banner in the future could do a search, and find out what happened to the company. Pretty simple stuff really.

Probably drunk right now

Don't know, but I can make a guess...

LOL, all I want to know is what happened to Jericho. Is it so hard to get a straight answer, or does nobody know the answer. So far, I've heard Josh is a great guy, Josh has great character, Josh builds the best frames, yadda yadda yadda. Thats fine, I'm not disputing that. The guy that started this thread was a bit harsh. Maybe he should have just asked what happened to Jericho, why they don't answer their phone, etc. So far, nobody has answered that. If somebody did, this thread would have rolled off the page by now. And as an added bonus, people that click on the dead banner in the future could do a search, and find out what happened to the company. Pretty simple stuff really.
    I'll connect the dots:

Dead web link.
    No employees.
    Phone not answered or disconnected.

Humm... let me put on my Sherlock holmes hat... and Eureka!!!! I have two conclusions:

1. Josh doesn't want any more business.
    2. Jericho is either no longer in business or is struggling to reorganize.

Either way, he doesn't own anyone an answer.

Ken

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'll connect the dots:
    Dead web link.
    No employees.
    Phone not answered or disconnected.

Humm... let me put on my Sherlock holmes hat... and Eureka!!!! I have two conclusions:

1. Josh doesn't want any more business.
    2. Jericho is either no longer in business or is struggling to reorganize.
    Thank you kindly. It took about 50 responses to this thread to finally get an answer. Too bad the Josh guy couldn't have done this himself instead of some guy in KC, but I digress. Now when noobs that hear good things about Jericho bikes come here and see the banner, click on it, get a dead website, they can do a search on Jericho to find out that either 1 or 2 above is correct.

Either way, he doesn't own anyone an answer.
    Ken
    I still don't get that reasoning. I would think a respectable business could post a short message on the forum they sponsor thanking customers for their business and maybe a blurb about future plans. But hey, thats just me.

May this thread roll off the page in peace.

Probably drunk right now

Neither do I

I still don't get that reasoning.
    I don't either, but the fact remains that it's really none of our business.

Ken

cut like the fog.

jericho inc.

Zonic must own stock in the company or something.
    Zonic is a shareholder in Jericho products actually. Plus he does alot of promo/appearance work for Josh's corporation.

Further shares are apparently set to be released as the corporate alignment progresses. Expect a share price increase on the next offering.

I understand he may look at dabbling in the precious metal commodities, but his true corporate stabilty lies in ore.

b.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bones; 10-16-2004 at 07:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

The point of the original post

[QUOTE=scorcher seb]
    Quote Originally Posted by FUD
    Even if the original poster hasn't coughed up any $, he's still apparently invested a good deal of time and likely lost a season or so that he could have spent riding a frame built by someone else. QUOTE]

The point of the original post was to basically say JERICHO ACT LIKE A BUSINESS OR MOVE ON many people believe in supporting the local bike company, dont let them down by telling them things will be ready when they are not. Dont let people down by not be as honest as you can be, or working as hard as you should to make sure your word is good. And last of all stop pissing away your talent. The bikes are dope, the customer service is not

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Dont get me wrong

I wish Josh would get his act together because his bikes are dope and he is talented. But his business sense and customer service sucks. Dont need to make 500 frames a year just do everything you say you are going to do. BE HONEST, no matter what.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

He Is A Business

Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike

The point is that he is a business and should act like one. I am not saying so things he doesnt want to do like a make 500 frames a year, just make what he says he is goign tomake and makit when he says he will make it. Dont get me wrong he is a good guy, just has shown that he is a bad business person. I hope he gets his act together. People just need to pipe up about negative experiences.

Cleavage Of The Tetons

Don't y'all realize that the bike biz' is the BEST cash cow

In the world? Man, we makin' cash like it was MacDonalds wrappers. You should get in on it, people!!! find a small frame builder, or a small shop owner who is in it for the love...and GIVE him/her all yo money! You might be broke, but the karma that you will have empowered is....empowerful, fools. Bike Biz....ruthless scammers making 200-600% margins all day long, while gettin' the J-Lo invites and tony swankness in return...it just ain't fair...

mtbr member
    If this guy really is having some business problems, but intends to make a comeback, he should post on here and let everybody know whats going down. How long has the Jericho website been down? Is it just a recent thing?

I was actually considering buying one the Jericho frames, but I'm glad I found out about this interesting turn of events. Lots of flaky types in the bike biz, I guess thats why its better to stick to the ones that have been around for a long time.

Is it a waste of money and somewhat unprofessional to have an advertisement that leads to a dead website? Sure.

Should you ***** and moan online that some company fails to meet your expectations, even though you have suffered no loss yourself? Nope.

What you do is move on, and find one that does. Pretty simple.
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

its all about heart

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine

Is it a waste of money and somewhat unprofessional to have an advertisement that leads to a dead website? Sure.

Should you ***** and moan online that some company fails to meet your expectations, even though you have suffered no loss yourself? Nope.

What you do is move on, and find one that does. Pretty simple.

nice website, maybe I will give you a try, what is shipping from australia though? By the way Josh makes great bikes, no heart in it though

The bike pimp
    Mar 2004

Jericho are coming back

Okay here's another take on the whole scene. I'm based in the UK and import the some top end US frames to my homeland. When I started the business up, with my partner, Jericho was one of the companies we approached. We got as far as returning the dealer application form then it all went quiet. That was about a year ago. While wondering the booths at Interbike I bumped in to Josh Ogle. The first thing he did was apologise for not getting back to me and my partner. He then went on to explain why. It's not something I'm going to tell on here. All you need to know is that somethings didn't work out.
    Anyhow I have the address of the new website, I've seen the new Ti frame in the flesh and the new components and they will be finding their way to the UK. I have faith in the guy and take the view that if you really want something you'll wait.
    www.sortedcycles.com
    Putting the biking bling in Britain

mtbr member
    nice website, maybe I will give you a try, what is shipping from australia though? By the way Josh makes great bikes, no heart in it though
    I think Josh definitely has his heart in it, judging from the correspondance we've exchanged in the past. It's just very tough to keep all the balls in the air, something I'm very familar with.

Anyway, all Thylacine frames include shipping and start from US$795 for a 221v ( V-Brake only singlespeed frame, Columbus Zona, 4 colours and 5 sizes ) and go up from there. E-mail me at [email protected] if you need any more info.
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

Jed Peters
    The point of the original post was to basically say JERICHO ACT LIKE A BUSINESS OR MOVE ON many people believe in supporting the local bike company, dont let them down by telling them things will be ready when they are not. Dont let people down by not be as honest as you can be, or working as hard as you should to make sure your word is good. And last of all stop pissing away your talent. The bikes are dope, the customer service is not
    Thank you for that public service announcement.

banned
    and I'm telling you that it is NOT your place to tell Josh how to conduct his life.

get it?

what a fraggin' tool you are, dude. jeezus. if you really respect Josh's work and talent, let him use it as he pleases.

as to "business," again there are many ways to run one. you believe Josh should be running a business as YOU would. what gives you the right to demand that he conform to your standards?

you are a selfish fock, eh?

banned

ride

I enjoyed the faltering legs of those who rode on the ride the following day. I had a great time living vicariously through them as they cussed you and cursed future generations of D's.

We did miss you on the Monday ride, though. Great trail, mostly great riders and me.

Maybe next year?

Ken
    Well, I'm already planning the 2nd annual Death March, which could be deadly, or could be fantastic. It's going to be on a recently reopened trail that had been left for dead and has a good variety of terrain.

I thought about it and realize the closest I ever came to riding with you was when I almost plowed into you at the Clunker Crit a few years ago. Don't ever stand on Peach St so close to that corner ever again!

As far as being cursed at for that ride, I took it as a compliment and still wear it as a badge of honor.

Probably drunk right now

I covered for you...

Well, I'm already planning the 2nd annual Death March, which could be deadly, or could be fantastic. It's going to be on a recently reopened trail that had been left for dead and has a good variety of terrain.

I thought about it and realize the closest I ever came to riding with you was when I almost plowed into you at the Clunker Crit a few years ago. Don't ever stand on Peach St so close to that corner ever again!

As far as being cursed at for that ride, I took it as a compliment and still wear it as a badge of honor.
    I provided you with an excuse for not winning that year: " Would have won but that fat drunken slob ran out on front of me and I had to bail just to save his life."

Otherwise you would have had to fall back on the "Webber beat me again" reasoning;-)

I'm not sure I'll be up for a JD death march next April although I'm off the mountain bike (currently looking for a cross bike) for 3-6 months so I may be in the best cycling shape I've been for a long while. We'll see how it goes.

Ken

Witty McWitterson
    See dead horse; Beat dead horse.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Business?

This is crazy! Some businesses do well and some don't. The main thing is is that Josh builds great bikes. If the business did not succeed the first time you fall off of the face of the earth. He seems to be coming back since he was at the show with a new Ti bike with new machined parts on it that looked beautiful. Someone already has said that. So it is easy to assume he will be back up and running. First go around BAD, second go around hope much better. Maybe MTBR new he was reworking things and let him have the advertisement on this website so people would not forget his bikes. After all, were just after his beautiful frames. This is a tough industry.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby-doo
    This is crazy! Some businesses do well and some don't. The main thing is is that Josh builds great bikes. If the business did not succeed the first time you fall off of the face of the earth. He seems to be coming back since he was at the show with a new Ti bike with new machined parts on it that looked beautiful. Someone already has said that. So it is easy to assume he will be back up and running. First go around BAD, second go around hope much better. Maybe MTBR new he was reworking things and let him have the advertisement on this website so people would not forget his bikes. After all, were just after his beautiful frames. This is a tough industry.
    Agreed. Thats why I wondered why Josh himself hadn't simply got on MTBR and posted a message stating whats up with his company. After all, the Jericho banner is still here and Jericho still sponsors the forum. It just seems odd that all this speculation is going on, but there is no definitive news on the situation. A message from the owner of Jericho would resolve all of these issues. Doesn't the guy have a computer or a friend that could relay the info? I guess like some have said however, he doesn't owe us that.

Jed Peters
    It just seems odd that all this speculation is going on, but there is no definitive news on the situation. A message from the owner of Jericho would resolve all of these issues. Doesn't the guy have a computer or a friend that could relay the info?
    Look you rammer, that's what about 10 of us have been saying in this post. It's not speculation.

Also, there's a friggin' magazine article about the situation, countless posts about it on the message bnoards, inlcuding responses from Ogle himself.

About him answering "you" have you ever thought that you're not worthwhile enough to answer or respond to (and neither is the toolbox who started this thread), OR that Ogle maybe isn't such a geek that he needs to constantly get his "feel good" by posting on an internet message board?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Look you rammer, that's what about 10 of us have been saying in this post. It's not speculation.

Also, there's a friggin' magazine article about the situation, countless posts about it on the message bnoards, inlcuding responses from Ogle himself.

About him answering "you" have you ever thought that you're not worthwhile enough to answer or respond to (and neither is the toolbox who started this thread), OR that Ogle maybe isn't such a geek that he needs to constantly get his "feel good" by posting on an internet message board?
    I did a search on Jericho and didn't come up with any explanations, thats why I asked. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by ajoc_prez; 10-19-2004 at 07:33 PM.

banned
    I did a search on Jericho and didn't come up with any explanations, thats why I asked. Sorry for the confusion.

WHY u CARE?

Jed Peters
    No, no you didn't. Either you're lying, incredibly stupid, or both.

http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?searchid=355405

http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?searchid=355409

It's a love/ hate thing
    Agreed. Thats why I wondered why Josh himself hadn't simply got on MTBR and posted a message stating whats up with his company. After all, the Jericho banner is still here and Jericho still sponsors the forum. It just seems odd that all this speculation is going on, but there is no definitive news on the situation. A message from the owner of Jericho would resolve all of these issues. Doesn't the guy have a computer or a friend that could relay the info? I guess like some have said however, he doesn't owe us that.

Josh isn't going to reply, and I am the friend with the computer that lives next door.
    I have been giving him a bad time about why he hasn't just put an under construction page up- Then everyone would just be whining about when the site would be up. But anyway:

**** here it is ****

The word is the site will be up in a few weeks. I've seen it, it looks a great, Raymond makes pretty webpages. And yes, he has redesigned everything. And he has a ton of sick, drool-worthy trinkets.

The thing with Josh, is that he is more concerned about making something beautiful and functional than anything else. And the bikes that he does make are both attractive and ride well. I'm looking to sell my Seven, as his new Ti bike has just the sickest dropouts, and most of you don't see how much time and friggin' love the man puts into designing them, and then refining them. Being his friend and next door neighbor, I'm regularly shown the "cool new stuff I made." We geek out about bikes and I give him feedback. I will tell you now that I would trade my Seven for one of the new ti SS bikes in a minute. To me that is saying a lot.

As far as his business sense goes, if he wanted Jericho to be a huge company that imported parts made in China, it probably be that now. However, it's not, and unless he gets out of frame-building and sells the name/company, it is unlikely it will be.

Thing is, he's not a businessman . He's a bike geek that spends most nights in front of his dvd player watching movies while reprograming tool paths on his powerbook, reworking his latest chainring design.

I'm not going to defend his business practices, they could be better. But you can always shop somewhere else. I believe the Cannondale SS bike is sold at Performance. Yeah, waiting for a frame sucks, but I don't think anyone has waited longer than me. But we're still friends. And my Jericho is a pretty cool bike.

Anyway, I figured I would let all in on what the plan is, since someone should. Jericho is scaling back, and refocusing more on SS. New chainrings, frames, cogs, bars, and neat-o stuff on the way. Things would be happening faster but for the most part, its just one guy doing everything.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks pbr, that helps a lot. I prefer your simple honest explanation over the zonic mans abrasiveness.

Cyclist

sounds like he needs a business partner

I really don't want to jump into the major issues of this thread. I've always eyed Jericho's on this board with and envious eye. It's obvious he is a skilled, passionate craftsman that needs a business partner. If he could find someone to run the books, take orders, answer calls and emails and keep the website current; I suspect his business would do better. There is no reason to turn into a huge company, but he obviously needs a hand tending to the more mundane sides of running a custom frame business. Josh's artistic gift would be unleashed without the burden of the business side and the results would probably be spectacular.

I honestly would lend a hand if I could cuz I can't weld for sheet and love bikes.

Good luck Josh.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

My cycling photos. Enjoy!

Jed Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by striker
    I really don't want to jump into the major issues of this thread. I've always eyed Jericho's on this board with and envious eye. It's obvious he is a skilled, passionate craftsman that needs a business partner. If he could find someone to run the books, take orders, answer calls and emails and keep the website current; I suspect his business would do better. There is no reason to turn into a huge company, but he obviously needs a hand tending to the more mundane sides of running a custom frame business. Josh's artistic gift would be unleashed without the burden of the business side and the results would probably be spectacular.

I honestly would lend a hand if I could cuz I can't weld for sheet and love bikes.

Good luck Josh.
    That's the reason that he's where he is now......

banned

webber

I provided you with an excuse for not winning that year: " Would have won but that fat drunken slob ran out on front of me and I had to bail just to save his life."

Otherwise you would have had to fall back on the "Webber beat me again" reasoning;-)

I'm not sure I'll be up for a JD death march next April although I'm off the mountain bike (currently looking for a cross bike) for 3-6 months so I may be in the best cycling shape I've been for a long while. We'll see how it goes.

Ken
    We'll beat that dude one of these years.

Use the Death March as a reason to get in shape...