That which does not kill us...- Mtbr.com
    Suffering Mightily

That which does not kill us...

...makes us stronger. Riding the Surly today with a "tag-along" and a 40 lb. passenger that finds great joy in spotting squirrels, deer, horse poop on the ground, etc. The nice thing is that I can immediately tell when he is not helping out---the little Trek has an ACS freewheel and the thing starts to whine when junior is slackin'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Without freedom of choice, there is no creativity. Without creativity, there is no life. The body dies.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Drbbt
    ...makes us stronger. Riding the Surly today with a "tag-along" and a 40 lb. passenger that finds great joy in spotting squirrels, deer, horse poop on the ground, etc. The nice thing is that I can immediately tell when he is not helping out---the little Trek has an ACS freewheel and the thing starts to whine when junior is slackin'.
    awesome....good times....good times.....

i have been there, not too long ago. mine was ok on the single until it got bumpy, then it would just throw me off fast with the extra 150 lbs off the back

CB2
    Jam Econo
    I've got 3 kids, and my youngest is "Alleycat age". His older brother and sister used to just go along for the ride, but Quinn is a real turbo!
    Unfortunately, as of late he's taken to just pedaling on the down hills, where he gets the most bang for his buck!

mtbr member

New Respect

Damn, I think I just found some serious new respect for you Fo'. That's quite the man to be pulling 2 munchkins behind a SS You must have gotten a good leg workout with that combo.

To the OP Good to have that freewheel so you can know when junior could be up to something - One poster reported his son liked to get up on the saddle and "surf".
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    awesome....good times....good times.....

i have been there, not too long ago. mine was ok on the single until it got bumpy, then it would just throw me off fast with the extra 150 lbs off the back
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr Decade+

I've got a Quinn myself...

Quote Originally Posted by CB2
    I've got 3 kids, and my youngest is "Alleycat age". His older brother and sister used to just go along for the ride, but Quinn is a real turbo!
    Unfortunately, as of late he's taken to just pedaling on the down hills, where he gets the most bang for his buck!
    Quinn turns 18 months the day after valentine's day. He, also, is a turbo, actually its more like a mean streak - that happens when your six year old brother beats up on ya alot. Here he is during his first hockey practice just after Christmas(I put him through his paces)- His slapshot is very impressive for a little guy. Also, his first bike ride
    (sorry geared content).

mtbr member

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Drbbt
    I'll be there SOON. Nice to see this sorta thing.
    And a good day to you sir!

el cheapo
    Aug 2005
    My kids tag along in a seat but they fight over who gets a "turn" I would be scared to death to put them on a tag along though both are at 35lbs (and 14 months apart) and can ride on their own now!
    I am CHEAP

Members who have read this thread: 0