Does anyone ride a single speed with a 100 mm travel all the time- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Does anyone ride a single speed with a 100 mm travel all the time

So i took my reba in for an overhaul and turns out they have to warranty a piece because the fork no longer locks out, it will only ride at 100 mm.
    I am doing the kokepelli trail (Fruita to Moab) on thursday 3 day ride, 150 miles.
    I usually ride the bike locked out and leary about climbing with a 100 mm's of travel.
    I weighh 190 so i was thinking i could put more air in the fork and slow down the rebound and see how it rides.
    Any suggestions????

Retro Grouch
    I have a Marzocchi Atom 100 and I am crazy about it; but it does have a lockout, via ECC (Extension Control Cartridge). The ECC closes the rebound control so the fork not only locks out, but locks in a compressed state. I don't know much about Reba's, but your idea of adding a more air and adjusting the rebound should pretty much lock lock it up. The other fix would be to buy a 100 mm adjusted rigid fork and never worry about the fork again.

Good Luck and ride well!
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have a rigid fork but everyone is *****ing at me for even thinking about riding 150 miles in moab on a fully rigid bike. They have never ridden a titanium 29er with a carbon fork and a 2.55 front tire. Blah Blah Blah. Part of me would rather just ride the 100 mm so i don't have to hear about it for 3 days
    Porcupine rim would be a lot more fun on a suspension fork but...

Thanks for the confirmation on adding pressure in the fork!

V-Shaped Rut
    I ride a 100mm duke with no lockout. It climbs fine, no problems even in loose and rocky conditions here in the desert.

But I just threw a rigid fork on there and wow does it climb.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Sucks when you have ridden both and know the difference between the two huh?

V-Shaped Rut
    Yeah, but that works both ways. The rigid was just rough on the rocky downhills and requires a different kind of riding.

tg
    mtbr member
    Just took the spacer out of my reba Should have done it a long time ago. !! Riding rigid in CO. is lame IMO. ( flame on )

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i'm on a 65mm fox (more spacers added to f80) right now but on my reba i was at 115mm. I miss it! I'm going to take out the spacers in the fox to get it back up to 100mm the first chance i get.

mtbr member
    No lockout needed here! Best darn SS fork there is, just like rigid when you don't need it and real suspension when you do. It's 100 mm travel by the way.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrock450
    I usually ride the bike locked out and leary about climbing with a 100 mm's of travel.
    I broke the pushlok on my 100mm reba some time ago and just never got around to replacing it. I was curious to see if I would miss it or not, and after a very short while I just forgot all about it. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    It shouldnt be that bad with a carbon rigid fork and that giant tire. When you ride the whole 150 miles you wont even have to brag, your friends will do it for you.

Members who have read this thread: 0