To do or not to do?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. To do or not to do?

Ok, I have a chance to buy mooto X ybb frame for reasonable $$$ (around $1600). However, I will have to sell my spot for that - all the goods, king ss disks with ust rims, f80x, hopes, and other stuff I cherish together with the frame. I hardly ride it anyway after I got the ebb ybb. I have all the parts, just will have to rebuild one set of wheels to fit the 29er and get the proper fork. The question is should I go fo it or not? I think I should but a good advice would not hurt. I will convert it to SS using rollenlager which I already have anyway.

used to be uno-speedo....
    Quote Originally Posted by poff
    Ok, I have a chance to buy mooto X ybb frame for reasonable $$$ (around $1600). However, I will have to sell my spot for that - all the goods, king ss disks with ust rims, f80x, hopes, and other stuff I cherish together with the frame. I hardly ride it anyway after I got the ebb ybb. I have all the parts, just will have to rebuild one set of wheels to fit the 29er and get the proper fork. The question is should I go fo it or not? I think I should but a good advice would not hurt. I will convert it to SS using rollenlager which I already have anyway.
    Go for it dude. I'm just about to buy myself a Karate Monkey!

You up for the weekend?

mtbr member

Yep, give me a call when you get here.

I am waiting for you poor roadie bum.

try driving your car less
    You don't ride the spot. That's all good stuff that you will get top dollar for when selling. You should sell it, regardless. Perhaps keep some stuff as spares for your #1 ride, like wheels. Selling stuff is a time consuming pain in the butt.

While it would be cool to have... I suggest you devote yourself to your new ride. But if you get it, use an ENO and not the tensioner. Then when you say, 'Oh I love 29ers!', sell me the YBB EBB...

Keep it simple, take the $2.5k and set it aside for something else. If I had that burning a hole in my pocket, I would get this for two people:

http://www.westernspirit.com/trips/m...ngletrack.html
    Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member

jh, thanks

I think that I do need to sell this stuff anyway, let others enjoy the ride. I have 4 sets of king ss wheels (1 used by my wife and 2 on my 2 bikes + 1 spare), so I already have a spare. The question is, will I enjoy mooto X? $$$ is not an issue. I really, really enjoy my ybb right now. Just dig it. The best I ever had, and I have owned almost every high $$$ bike out there (not DH). Moots is the best. Thanks for the trip hint, I will think about it, we have 4 year old, but could take him with us on a 3rd SS!!!!

try driving your car less
    I think that I do need to sell this stuff anyway, let others enjoy the ride. I have 4 sets of king ss wheels (1 used by my wife and 2 on my 2 bikes + 1 spare), so I already have a spare. The question is, will I enjoy mooto X? $$$ is not an issue. I really, really enjoy my ybb right now. Just dig it. The best I ever had, and I have owned almost every high $$$ bike out there (not DH). Moots is the best. Thanks for the trip hint, I will think about it, we have 4 year old, but could take him with us on a 3rd SS!!!!
    Just make sure it fits. Of course you will enjoy the mooto...
    But if $$ is no issue, just get it fully custom to fit your body, and get it with an EBB. Get exactly what you want.
    I guess that's just a lot of bikes. I would go for something a little more different from your YBB, like a moots road bike or something. Or a hot tub. Maybe an old VW bus and take your son on a camping trip. If you feel like blowing some money on something fun and frivolous (absolutely nothing wrong with that!), at least do it on something different than you just did a few months ago. Perhaps a sweet digital camera?
    As you can see, I have no problem telling people how I would spend their money for them!
    Only boring people get bored.

used to be uno-speedo....
    Buy my Pissoff!! 26ers rule!

giddy up!
    I would finds out how old the mooto-x is. Some of the early ones have piss poor tire clearance......barely enough to fit the smallest true 29er tire.

Other than that I'd pounce.

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    What size spot frame and what are you looking to get for it? I'm looking to get a spot frame...

mtbr member

Well

It is 2004 mooto X, has few rubs in decals but nothing else. I do not want a pure SS frame for mooto - what if I do not like it? Rollenlager will do fine.

I have a custom size 17 spot with 23" TT - from size 19, disk only, red in color. It has few scratches that are patched with touch paint from toyota - I will include it. I will want $350 for the frame and black king HS - not a SPAM, just answering the question.

HIYAH
    interested in the f80x...

mtbr member
    oh, I'm looking for a rim brake frame. Thanks though....

As a selling tip, I think the spot frames are only going for somewhere in the low $200s on eBay so I'd probably try to sell it somewhere other than that. Frames seem to be really weak on there right now. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Check your PM

Thanks.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

Members who have read this thread: 0