DMR tensioner?- Mtbr.com

Thread: DMR tensioner?

organically fed

DMR tensioner?

So the Summit Godspeed is a real POS, with an excessive amount of lateral play in the arm due to sloppy design, and I stripped the threads yesterday while adjusting the pulley to match my chainline. It's damn hard to get the thing matched up perfectly with the chainline when the entire arm of the tensioner has almost a centimeter of play in it.

Couple that with the fact that I'm still running a 9-speed cassette and I often switch between the 16 and 18 tooth cogs, and what you get is a frustrating POS tensioner that'll last you about 2 months.

I'm thinking about the DMR tensioner...

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...Tensioner.aspx

I can't find anything on how much tolerance there is, laterally, for that big orange pulley to go inward/outward in accordance with wherever my chain lies. Any help?

mtbr search = useless

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The pulley can move a maximum of 5 mm lateraly. It floats freely, so there are no adjustments to be made.

But you really should swap that cassete for a single cog. The tensioner isn't really meant to be used with two cogs and messing with the chainline usually brings problems.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    dmr i had is sitting in about 6 pieces in my toolbox...
    it's shite... buy something decent.

I've got a surly and it's in another league in terms of quality of construction.
    Rennens looks good too (but no personal exp. running them)

organically fed
    Quote Originally Posted by byknuts

I've got a surly and it's in another league in terms of quality of construction.
    orly?

Thanks. I'll prolly just get that and hope that it doesn't suck nearly as much as the Summit Godspeed.

organically fed
    Quote Originally Posted by 350plus
    The pulley can move a maximum of 5 mm lateraly. It floats freely, so there are no adjustments to be made.
    Thanks for the info.

Members who have read this thread: 0