Destination IT - ESSC08 - buying a bike in Italy- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Destination IT - ESSC08 - buying a bike in Italy

Ok, so I'm trying to make the ESSC08 in Massa. http://www.singlespeed-italy.com/

Only one problem. I need a bike. So I'm thinking, maybe I should just buy a bike for the family vacation home in Tuscany.

Criteria: 29e, single speed, affordable. It will only get ridden one week a year.

So, is there a Italian importer of the Motobecane 29er SS? I love that color. http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...tcast29_08.htm

Maybe Redline?

Should I buy here and try to ship it to myself? That sounds expensive.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

awesome
    Sorry DC_MTB, buying a bike like that in Italy it's going to be very expensive. The offer is really slim, Kona and Niner are the only two brands to offer ss 29ers here.
    Add the ridiculous dollar to euro rate and higher sales taxes and you're much better off bringing your own bike on the plane (cheaper than shipping). Otherwise you can try and contact Milk from singlespeed-italy.com/ and see if it's possible to arrange for a local rental bike or something like that.

try driving your car less
    bring a bike. you will get killed on the exchange rate and tariffs.

bring a bike (a used one so you dont get hit with import duty) and sell it after the race. bikes in italy cost 50% more. I spend part of the year in italy and went through the same thing.

hit up finale ligure also, great riding.
    Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member
    As they told you buying a bike in italy now is not a good trade.

the 29 market is moving its first steps, as singlespeeding too.

but, if you really want to buy in europe, try to contact JJ of www.singlespeed.nl, he is running a web shop and he will be in massa for the ESSC, and ask if he con do something for you.

If you like to buy an used bike too, you can also try to contact the italian Niner distributor: he sold some test bike at few shop here in italy (mostly are EMD, not ss bike...)

About Finale Ligure, the week before the SS there will be the 24H of Finale and there will be a bunch of singlespeeders there...if you like to come...we'll meet there too.

PS: anyway, you will have a bike for the ESSC..
    Simone
    -- --
    Jesus Rode A SingleSpeed
    http://www.singlespeed-italy.com

Members who have read this thread: 0