Desicions Desicions- Mtbr.com
    Looking to Start Racing

Desicions Desicions

(So I need to learn how to spell the darn title )

So I finally decided on a Fork. A nice shiny new Marzoochi MX Comp. Now, my big problem is this.

I love my LBS (huge props to the boys at Cyclepath in London Ont ). But in canadian coin, the forks is a huge $550. Ok, so they said they could give me a deal (No I didn't ask), my guess is $25. Thats fine, I wouldn't want them to hurt their top end on my account. But the real problem is that on JensonUSA.com they are $285 american. Do to the awesome exchange rate, I'm looking at $322, add the taxes and it's $370 canadian. Shipping shouldn't be more then $35 canadian, so thats a grand total of $405.

Am I missing anything? I mean how do LBS compete with this? This is such a decision. I would love to give my business (and my money) to my LBS, but thats a HUGE price difference, thats like dropping a $100 tip.

Please tell me I am missing something, cause this is one heck of a hard decision.
    Evolve or Die

Formerly DMR For Life
    not in canada you aren't missing anything...the canadian distributors for these products set their prices extremely high....these companies seem to set their prices on a dollar value around 0.50usd

Another example again an marzocchi 66RC2X $1700 plus tax from norco....american mailorder $825 USD plus 27.96 shipping converted to canadian dollars 958.34 plus duties its still over 600 dollars less than ordering through you LBS.

I say that as you sig says the canadian bicycle distributors must "evolve or die"

for me my pocket book tells me what to do...my LBS still gets any repair work that I can't do but from now on all of my major parts purchases are mailorder...but your decision is up to you

DMR

Looking to Start Racing
    Ya, I live on a budget so my pocket book is my desciding factor. I just feel bad not spending my money at the shop, but alas, I am in the process of buying a new car also, so I guess the Jenson will have to do, whenever they get it in stock.
    Evolve or Die

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    This may be a little more travel than you are looking for but for $169US you can pick up a 2005 Bomber MX Comp 120mm. Unbelieveable price for that fork. I'm not sure if they ship to canada but its worth checking out.

http://www.greenfishsports.com/index...OD&ProdID=1328

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TREK 4 Life
    Ya, I live on a budget so my pocket book is my desciding factor. I just feel bad not spending my money at the shop, but alas, I am in the process of buying a new car also, so I guess the Jenson will have to do, whenever they get it in stock.
    I've got an MX Pro I'd sell for a GREAT deal, if you are interested I'd fill in more details. I am not using it as I just went rigid. I LOVE the fork, however I am riding a steel SS Cruiser and went with the rigid fork as I am just now able to handle it. I got the fork back in February and have less than two months of modest rides on it. Good luck whatever you do.
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TREK 4 Life
    I would love to give my business (and my money) to my LBS, but thats a HUGE price difference, thats like dropping a $100 tip.
    Split the difference and give them $50.

Members who have read this thread: 0