decisions, decisions.........- Mtbr.com
    ss= 800 lb. gorilla
    Jan 2009

decisions, decisions.........

looking 4 a little feedback, as one would think this is an easy one, right? i have stated in other threads, i started this ss thing with my outcast 29er, to c if this mtb ing would catch on. needless 2 say, it has. i have discovered all i wanna do is ss, so do i get a better quality ss 29er, like a monocog, rig, selma, etc, or do i just upgrade my outcast?? and is there a real noticable feeling when u r on board a good quality frame, like the jabberwocky, or niner for example??

Out spokin'
    Ask yourself what you don't like about your current bike. If the answer is "nothing," then don't upgrade.

If the answer is anything else, then it's time to do some research, which will probably lead to more questions, including the inevitable "is it worth it?"

~Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

ss= 800 lb. gorilla
    Jan 2009
    ya, maybe im just being vain..lololol

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by razin cane
    ya, maybe im just being vain..lololol
    The way I look at it is.... after working at a shop and getting to ride the best and the worst. What matters is being able to afford riding when and where you want. If that means spending a 500 on a bike and going to new places you've never ridden before to make great memories, i would go that route. Bike payments are no fun. And owning a cutting edge 2500 showpiece doesn't matter if you never get to ride it anywhere but to work.

Eddy Merkcx said "'Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades'

my .02

I'm having the most fun in years on a surly 1x1. I sold my fisher x cal to buy it.

V-Shaped Rut
    WTF? Bike payments? You can finance bikes? WTF I say again?

I've had a very few bikes in my life. Buy the best you can afford and ride the hell out of it for as many years as possible. If you like your current bike, ride it!

Members who have read this thread: 0