CrossMark?- Mtbr.com

Thread: CrossMark?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

CrossMark?

Anyone run a CrossMark as a rear tire? If so, do they provide enough traction when standing on step climbs?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I run tubed 29" Crossmarks front and rear on my SS between 22 and 28 psi, depending on the trail. I have experienced rear wheel slippage during standing climbs, but only when the trail is a bit slick or covered with leaves or debris. In normal conditions, subtle weight shifts will give you all the traction you need to climb, standing or otherwise. I would say that there is less standing acceleration traction than a normal full knobby, especially if you need to run higher psi, but if you can run lower and figure out the finesse thing, Crossmarks are a great comprimise of traction v. rolling resistance.

CB2
    Jam Econo
    It's a great rear tire when it's dryer. When it's slicker, I prefer something like an Ignitor.

mtbr member

Its OK

Seems to slip out a bit when standing on super steeps. Rode with a friend who had an ignitor on a really steep, dry, gravelly fire road. I was slipping, he wasn't.

Hmmm, maybe I need an ignitor?

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by S:Drive
    Anyone run a CrossMark as a rear tire? If so, do they provide enough traction when standing on step climbs?
    I find that TT's have more bite and roll the same.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Where's Toto?
    Decent all around, but slips on wet and packs with mud. Good in the dry, fire roads, and gravel. Sealed up pretty good with Stan's. Recently swapped mine out; not my first choice in a Winter tire - too muddy in the midwest.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    it does really well when the leaves are not covering the trails
    it rolls very well other then that?

banned
    I ran one on the rear for 3-4 months and thought it was pretty good when you run it backwards.

never ender
    Quote Originally Posted by S:Drive
    In dry weather the Crossmark is a great rear tire. I'm no lightweight and I hardly ever break mine loose on climbs. It's not nearly as good when it's wet out, but you can't have everything.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_weasel
    In dry weather the Crossmark is a great rear tire. I'm no lightweight and I hardly ever break mine loose on climbs. It's not nearly as good when it's wet out, but you can't have everything.
    Nice, I am not light weight either. I have a 2.0 Specy Captain on right now, but they do not roll that well.

Members who have read this thread: 0