Thread: Crap!!!

mtbr member

Crap!!!

Well I'm fairly new to SS (built up my first one about a month and a half ago) but I've loved it. I've ridden probably a dozen and a half trails on it.............and it keeps getting better the more I ride. Well I loaded it up on the truck last night as I was planning on riding today after work. I came out this morning and someone had jacked it. I'm so pissed. I was parked in the front of my driveway (in front of my wife's car) and I live in what I thought was a pretty crime-free neighborhood................Geez! At least it wasn't a very expensive bike (just my old Hardrock Pro Sport) ............but still. Who would want to steal a SS bike with clipless pedals?

I'm just glad that I got enough rides in on it to fall in love with SS-ing before it was stolen. I'll be searching through past threads for some new build ideas for sure.

I loved that bike....................bought it new in 2003 and I've ridden it in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, California and Oregon.

OK...............I'm done venting.

mtbr member
    Man, that's too bad, I'm sorry. Hope you get to build up/buy something that you love even more.

CB2
    Jam Econo
    Someone once stole my old Allen rack of the back of my car while it was sitting on the side of the road waiting for me to get back to it with a new tire. I was gone for about an hour.
    Back then those things used to go for only $35, and it was used, and modified.
    Never under estimate the criminal mind.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    that blows.....but yeah a lot of times people will steal stuff without knowing what they have

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless1
    OK...............I'm done venting.
    Now start shopping.
    "A full rigid SS or fixie is 99% rider, 1% bike, and 100% more fun" Monogod

mtbr member

That sucks man!!

Sometime the old bikes are the best ones.

What would Walter do?

Its time to get your bike back dude!

Out spokin'
    That sux. Good luck creating the new SS. Don't let the b@stards get you down and as my friend Brock says, don't give up, never give up.

But next time don't do like last time...

Sorry. Didn't need to say that, did I.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the "online-therapy." It's been three days and I still want to throw up over the situation. Even though the thing probably only had a $ value of maybe a couple hundred...................the sentimental value was priceless.

I just pray that I don't see someone riding that thing down the street.........................If I do.....he's probably gonna be sh!**ing spokes for a week!

I've spent at least 30 min each of the last three days just driving around town looking for it. I even went up to the skate park and sat there waiting for it to show up.

"Oh well..............It's water under the bridge now. Let's go bowling, Dude!"

- Walter

Hairy man
    Someone broke into my car (I'd left the window down. d'oh) and stole about two dollars worth of change, a three year old CD walkman with car tape deck attachments, and a couple kid's music CDs. Total resale value was probably less than $10 bucks. Totally not worth the risk of stealing.

If I catch some methhead singing along to "Bumblebee Buzz Buzz" while listening to his walkman, I'm opening a can of whoop-ass.
    We all get it in the end.

mtbr member
    Look at the good side of the situation. You've introduced some loser meathead to single speeding. The guy finds the pure joy of riding a bicycle with only one gear. Singlespeeding is a unique and mind altering experience. He quits smokin' crack, cleans himself up and finds renewed vigor in the simplicity of life. Goes back to school, works hard, pays off all of his megamillions in debt, and commits his life to purity and goodness. Realizes that there was one major thing that he did wrong in stealing the SS bike. He wants to pay back that unknown original owner of the original bike but doesn't know where to find the hero behind the scenes. Instead, he decides to pay it forward... he commits to buying and building thousands of single speed bikes for homeless wayward boys in his hometown of kalamazoo, arkansas.

The last words he utters on his deathbed are the words to the song "Bumblebee Buzz Buzz".. what's it all mean?, what's it all mean?

well, it could happen, right?

Members who have read this thread: 0