Crankarm Length...- Mtbr.com
    R I D E S T E E L

Crankarm Length...

I am currently running 177.5 cranks on my Walt 29er SS. I am debating putting 180's on the SS mtb and putting the 177.5s on the SS cross bike.

I am wondering what others are running and what they recommend. I'm 6'1" and have a pretty long inseam, around 36", as I recall.

In addition, I am currently running square taper BBs. If I do the 180s, I could go with either square taper or ISIS. Any thoughts on this? Preferences?

Thanks in advance!

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by one1spede
    I am currently running 177.5 cranks on my Walt 29er SS. I am debating putting 180's on the SS mtb and putting the 177.5s on the SS cross bike.

I am wondering what others are running and what they recommend. I'm 6'1" and have a pretty long inseam, around 36", as I recall.

In addition, I am currently running square taper BBs. If I do the 180s, I could go with either square taper or ISIS. Any thoughts on this? Preferences?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm 6'3" with a 36" inseam. I ride 195mm cranks (have for 15 years) and love them.

I doubt you'll feel much difference between cranks that vary only 2.5mm in length.

As for square taper vs. ISIS, I've never run anything but square taper and I've never had any problem with any square taper cranks that were torqued to spec. In fact, I've never had any problem with square taper cranks whatsoever -- I just wouldn't run them torqued looser than spec as the interface can wallow. Since this has never happened to me personally, from my perspective, other-than-square-taper cranks/BBs are a solution looking for a problem. That's not to say that other-than-square-taper cranks/BBs are inferior.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

R I D E S T E E L
    Sparty

Thanks for the thoughts, I appreciate it...

Members who have read this thread: 0