It could have been worth a bazillion dollars!- Mtbr.com
    Sweep the leg!

It could have been worth a bazillion dollars!

The other week I posted a neighbor and I had swapped my set of Campy hubs for his rear Chris King hub that had "prototype" lazer etched in it... I should have known it wasn't just another hub. I got an email from the neighbor today...

I should have warned you about Chris King, for a couple of reasons; 1) you probably shouldn't even have that hub. That is one of two made. 2) Trek used to spec a lot of King products and forgot to pay bills on time- resulting in Chris King banning any purchase of their products from Trek or their employees. That seems to be a fair price for a complete rebuild and I haven't gotten any heat at my end, so all is well.
    If I had known it was one of two, I'd have shelved it. Instead I have a useful rear hub that removes any excuses I might have during a race.

Oh the agony
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

You.......

Did the right thing in My opinion. Something being used and enjoyed is truly valuable. I have tryed to stray away from the "collecting" mentality. It has no value to Me on a shelf.

Sweep the leg!
    true enough. I'm glad I paid for the pink color too.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Members who have read this thread: 0