Converting to Singlespeed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Converting to Singlespeed

Hi all,

I'm looking to convert my Cannondale F500 hard tail into a singlespeed. Any suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated! I'm interested in a new project because I primarily ride my full suspension and thought I could gain experience from doing a conversion. I am completely new to the world of singlespeed and anything and everything will help. Thanks and I look forward to your reply!

mtbr member
    Do it!
    All you'll need is a tensioner like On-One Otherdoofer, a SS cog and spacer kit, and short chainring bolts.
    I suggest you read the FAQ first and so we can answer more specific questions.
    Ride more!

US Army Vet-Airborne 11B
    Quote Originally Posted by asphaltdude View Post
    Do it!
    All you'll need is a tensioner like On-One Otherdoofer, a SS cog and spacer kit, and short chainring bolts.
    I suggest you read the FAQ first and so we can answer more specific questions.
    What he said Be sure to post pics
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

mtbr member
    Thanks for the resource and just keep an eye on the thread for pics when I get a break from school (and a little cash in my pocket)!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by KAG5 View Post
    Thanks for the resource and just keep an eye on the thread for pics when I get a break from school (and a little cash in my pocket)!
    Sorry for the old post bump, but I'm in the middle of doing the same thing to my F500. Just wondering anyone has done it without using a tensioner?? Im looking for the "just right" gear sizing with a BMX chain, I've got it close, but still a lil' loose. Anyone got it down? Thanks in advance.

Members who have read this thread: 0