Convert GT Peace 9r SS to 1x- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Convert GT Peace 9r SS to 1x

I'm thinking of converting my GT Peace 9r ss to a 1 x ride. I've got a Sram x-7 derailleur and twist grip shifter in the parts bin, but need a derailleur hanger. Anyone know where to get a hanger that would fit a Peace 9r?

Apr 2007
    I've heard those are pretty finicky to set up. Then when you have to change the wheel/tire, the maskarade starts all over again. Have you looked into getting a hanger welded on? If I were in your shoes, that's what I'd do. I can't imagine it costing much. I remember having some slider mounts welded onto my sport bike years ago for not much money.

Low Rep Count
    The problem with the hanger on this frame is the closed hood on the drop outs. It is super tight. You would almost need some sort of washer looking style one that had a flat top line to fit in there somehow. Then again, you could probably find an older steel one, grind it flat on the top line and have it welded to the frame on the bottom under the dropout.

Then again, you could pick up a cheap Moto Outcast 29r frame for under $200 and be done with it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Been looking at some 29er completes @$700, more money but then I'd still have the Peace SS when I want to ride it without lots of effort to convert back. More $$$, but in the end looks like that's the way I'll have to go to enjoy both worlds,

Thanx's

Low Rep Count
    My Outcast has sliding dropouts with a deraillure hanger on it as well as all the cable guides (something else your Peace does not have). I could swap mine over if I had a rear wheel and drive train parts. Just a thought and it costs considerably less than $700 and even weighs less than the Peace frame (I used to have a 26er Peace btw).