Convert Chameleon-> SS w/ two gear choices, and disk?- Mtbr.com
    crashes in parkinglot

Convert Chameleon-> SS w/ two gear choices, and disk?

Right now i'm running 2x9 w/ disks on my chameleon, I'm looking to change it to a two speed i guess but with out a tensioner but i still want to run disk in the rear. I think SDizzel has gotten 32:18 to work, and i was looking for another easier gear. Any suggestions would be much appriciated.

Eric the Red

so you're the guy!

So you're the guy who has Eric the Red! Dammit, I wanted to use that name. I guess if you snooze you lose just like at the races.

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by edoz
    So you're the guy who has Eric the Red! Dammit, I wanted to use that name. I guess if you snooze you lose just like at the races.
    Yup, haven't been posting much since the new forum and the new job. I was wondering if Eric was still available when the switch to the new forum happened, i never checked though.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    a 32x20 would work with a half link, or maybe without. yeah, i know getting the chain tension isn't a problem, it's getting the disc and all to line up right.....

a 30x20 should work with the same chain length, but 30t rings aren't all that common to pick up. i've got one hanging around if you want to try it.

can't think of anything else that'd work for ya without messing up the rear disc/horozontal thing. at least nothing easy, or without a tensioner.

how easy a gear you looking for?

how's the leg?

dave
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Anything goes. I've used all sorts of gears, and have stuck with 32 x 19. Just put the non-fixed bolt in the disc caliper and make sure your quick-release is tight. Two points of connection are plenty, and your qr isn't going anywhere. 32 x 20 should butt the disc holder (and drive-side 'place keeper', not really a tensioner--I've several of these if you need) against the front of the dropouts.

Glad you're considering the switch! It sure adds a new element. We should ride together soon, and I can show you how mine is set up--much more effective than bad photos!
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by SDizzle
    Anything goes. I've used all sorts of gears, and have stuck with 32 x 19. Just put the non-fixed bolt in the disc caliper and make sure your quick-release is tight. Two points of connection are plenty, and your qr isn't going anywhere. 32 x 20 should butt the disc holder (and drive-side 'place keeper', not really a tensioner--I've several of these if you need) against the front of the dropouts.

Glad you're considering the switch! It sure adds a new element. We should ride together soon, and I can show you how mine is set up--much more effective than bad photos!
    SDizzle,
    The main reson i want to switch is because i've bent my der hanger one too many times (i can now easily bend it back to place by hand) and i think its rediculess to pay $30+ for a peice of metal. I'd like to ride this weekend, i'll have to see how my knee feels, it felt really good yesterday but still want to rest it a bit. I'd like to take a look at your bike some time in either case.

Scrub,
    Knee is feeling better, still resting it and doing strectches and exersizes. About gear choice, i want something that i can do DJ on (but that isn't a major concern) and something that i can climb on in CO(my major concern). I think my bike might have to go on a diet soon too. I'd also like any easy gear for screwing around in the parking lot and for those really steep sections when i'm out of gas(more of a concern than DJ).

thanks guys

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by SDizzle
    !
    I still can't figure out how you make this work. Maybe Im defective or something. I need to get my rear brakes ordered and still can't decide if I should try the disc in back or just run and 8" in front and a V in back to make life simpler. You mind going over this one more thime for someone who is waiting on a bike and only has bad pics to go by?
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Members who have read this thread: 0