Conversion kit for 7-speed hub?- Mtbr.com
    Make some music
    Sep 2004

Conversion kit for 7-speed hub?

Anybody converted a 7-speed hub that can point me in the direction of a conversion kit?

Thanks all.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

RJG
    mtbr member
    Not sure what the question is? Convert a 7 speed hub body, maybe? Pull off the 7 speed cassett and convert the existing wheel to SS? Can you clarify?
    R

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Convert 7-spd hub to a single speed

Sure, I'm looking to convert a 7-speed hub to a single speed setup. The conversion kits I'm seeing are for 8/9 speed hubs. I'm also thinking about using a single spd cog rather than one from a cassett. I'm guessing that it should be more reliable. So I'm hoping to find a conversion kit with an ss cog to make a 7-speed hub into a single speed hub. (Pull off the 7-spd cassett and make the existing wheel a ss)

Thanks agian.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    the only difference is the thickness/number of spacers you will need to install the cog... I'd recommend that you go with a kit with multiple spacers (not like Gusset with 2 big spacers) and then you will have no problems.... you can also go to your LBS and get the spacers from old cassettes or cut some out of PVC (careful to get them square though)

Members who have read this thread: 0