Congrats ROGER!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Congrats ROGER!

  1. #1
    Jed Peters
    Reputation: Zonic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,404

    Congrats ROGER!

    Our very own Roger scored a win in the Singlespeed Class at the "Iron Angels" MTB race today!

    Way to go buddy!

  2. #2
    Ride what you want!!
    Reputation: george_da_trog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    Our very own Roger scored a win in the Singlespeed Class at the "Iron Angels" MTB race today!

    Way to go buddy!
    How did Suzy do?

    george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

  3. #3
    Jed Peters
    Reputation: Zonic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,404
    2nd both days, she was bummed. Wanted to do the "1" dance like our man Rog.

    Racing the 3's at McLane next saturday morning EARLY.

  4. #4
    Flat Pluto Society
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    16,312

    What?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    2nd both days, she was bummed. Wanted to do the "1" dance like our man Rog.

    Racing the 3's at McLane next saturday morning EARLY.
    She was bummed getting second? That's focking lame.

    She needs a new "manager."

    fp
    Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

  5. #5
    Flat Pluto Society
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    16,312

    Alright, Rogger!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    Our very own Roger scored a win in the Singlespeed Class at the "Iron Angels" MTB race today!

    Way to go buddy!
    Nice! Altho winning isn't everything, you know

    How many were in your class?

    fp
    Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

  6. #6
    cut like the fog.
    Reputation: bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    357
    Nice work Roger!

    What exactly is the dance? Do i need to cover the children's eyes?


    Congrats!
    b.


  7. #7
    Jed Peters
    Reputation: Zonic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    She was bummed getting second? That's focking lame.

    She needs a new "manager."

    fp
    You should probably know the whole story before you spout off.

    And I was damn proud of her both days.

  8. #8
    JAK
    JAK is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    563

    Way to go dude...

    Keep On Keepin' on!
    Night has fallen.
    And there's nothin' we can do about it.

  9. #9
    Flat Pluto Society
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    16,312

    Me? Spout off?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    You should probably know the whole story before you spout off.

    And I was damn proud of her both days.
    "2nd both days, she was bummed. Wanted to do the "1" dance like our man Rog."

    Oh, is there more to it than that? Do tell.

    fp
    Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,438

    Awe shucks, thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    Our very own Roger scored a win in the Singlespeed Class at the "Iron Angels" MTB race today!

    Way to go buddy!
    And a big thanks to George for the Beer, totally hit the spot after the race!

    Suzy's the one that we should be talking about. It's a big weekend when whole women's team marks you!

    Sorry I kept getting cut off on the cell phone last night. Kept dropping into valleys and ravines thru Sutter area.

    Tell Suzy congrats again and now she'll have some teammates in the 3s!

  11. #11
    Flat Pluto Society
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    16,312

    Yeah, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger___
    Suzy's the one that we should be talking about. It's a big weekend when whole women's team marks you!
    ...she only got second.

    fp
    Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

  12. #12
    Jed Peters
    Reputation: Zonic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    "2nd both days, she was bummed. Wanted to do the "1" dance like our man Rog."

    Oh, is there more to it than that? Do tell.

    fp
    She is upset because for the last 2 days she was out-strategized and allowed not-as-strong sprinters to box her in and not allow her to get on the proper wheel to set up the finish bunch sprint.

    She is also upset about the fact that she didn't cover a couple of attacks that she should have because her fitness isn't where she wants it to be, and that neither sat. nor sunday did she feel like she rode that "smart" of a race.

    I think that under the circumstances (only a few team mates on saturday and none in the main group sunday) she did awesome. The team and rider that won the overall had a very knowledgable coach there who gave them a good race plan and the girls stuck to it. I think Suz did awesome. I was SO proud of her.

  13. #13
    Flat Pluto Society
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    16,312

    Alrighty, then!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    She is upset because for the last 2 days she was out-strategized and allowed not-as-strong sprinters to box her in and not allow her to get on the proper wheel to set up the finish bunch sprint.

    She is also upset about the fact that she didn't cover a couple of attacks that she should have because her fitness isn't where she wants it to be, and that neither sat. nor sunday did she feel like she rode that "smart" of a race.

    I think that under the circumstances (only a few team mates on saturday and none in the main group sunday) she did awesome. The team and rider that won the overall had a very knowledgable coach there who gave them a good race plan and the girls stuck to it. I think Suz did awesome. I was SO proud of her.
    And don't get me wrong- I think second is focking awesome.

    fp
    Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

  14. #14
    JFR
    JFR is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JFR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    Our very own Roger scored a win in the Singlespeed Class at the "Iron Angels" MTB race today!

    Way to go buddy!
    Way to go Roger and Suzy!!

  15. #15
    Ebo
    Ebo is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,730
    I'll second that...nice results for both of you. I'm not even close to being in racing shape, nor ever will be.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,225

    Congrat's to both of you!!!!!!!!!!

    Anyone joining me Sunday for the TBF race?

  17. #17
    croSSman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    43

    The Rog-man doin' the Rog-thing...

    Awesome job Jimbo! I have a feeling this is the year that Roger is going to turn some heads; especially at Cream-Puff. I would have given you a call, Jim, but it was 9pm before I even got a chance to get on-line. Don't forget to let me know about this Sunday. It sounds like I'll be trying to chase you down, even on the new Phil! CONGRATS!
    rossta

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,225

    Hey Chuck you racin Sunday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ross
    Awesome job Jimbo! I have a feeling this is the year that Roger is going to turn some heads; especially at Cream-Puff. I would have given you a call, Jim, but it was 9pm before I even got a chance to get on-line. Don't forget to let me know about this Sunday. It sounds like I'll be trying to chase you down, even on the new Phil! CONGRATS!
    want to carpool?


    Rick

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,438

    Thanks,

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ross
    Awesome job Jimbo! I have a feeling this is the year that Roger is going to turn some heads; especially at Cream-Puff. I would have given you a call, Jim, but it was 9pm before I even got a chance to get on-line. Don't forget to let me know about this Sunday. It sounds like I'll be trying to chase you down, even on the new Phil! CONGRATS!
    but I'll be happy to knock 30 to 45 minutes off my time at Creampuff this year and where ever that has me finishing is fine.

    I'll call you tonight or tomorrow to confirm for Sunday. I want to get out as early as possible around 8ish. I'll be testing out my new fork too...wooohooo.

  20. #20
    Ride what you want!!
    Reputation: george_da_trog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger___
    I'll be testing out my new fork too...wooohooo.
    Still rigid?

    george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,438

    Angel's camp was my last rigid ride...

    Quote Originally Posted by george_da_trog
    Still rigid?

    george

    for the year. I just picked up a Fox F80x, just didn't want to put it on till things dried up.

    My palms are bruised after Sunday! I could barely hold the Guinness I had last night!

  22. #22
    Ride what you want!!
    Reputation: george_da_trog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger___
    My palms are bruised after Sunday! I could barely hold the Guinness I had last night!
    I've got two blisters the size of quarters where the ends of the bars hit my palms. I don't even want to talk about my back..... I'm soft.

    george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

  23. #23
    croSSman
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    43

    Gotta Get out on the proto Phil Wood...

    Actually, I am going to get my new Phil Wood this week. So, obviously, I will build it up as soon as possible and ride it on Sunday with Roger in Auburn. Those Granite Bay races cost a fortune, so I'm limiting myself. Besides, I gotta climb! Check these specs Rick: Sycip built steel eccentric BB frame with machined dropouts like on the Piss Off, Phil Wood disc wheels, White Ind. freewheel, Magura Marta SL brakes, XTR cranks with Jericho ring and guard, Crank Bros triple ti pedals (a big plug for them, because they gave me a great deal!), Titec Big Al stem and Flattracker bars (waiting for the C3 1.0 and RIP 3D stem), Chris King HS, and Manitou Scareb Super forks. I will try to have it built Friday for our Union Hill mountain bike club ride at 3:30 if you want a sneak peak, but no guarantees. If you'll please excuse me now, I have to be alone....
    rossta

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a 5-spot for an SSer here?
    By fc in forum Turner
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 10:58 AM
  2. New 6# 9oz singlespeeder...
    By Drevil in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 10:59 AM
  3. Canadians invade Cascade Creampuff
    By calgarydave in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 10:32 PM
  4. Epic Sinlgespeed ride pic's in Auburn
    By merlin in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 08:08 AM
  5. first to post on Titus- guess why?
    By tommyrod74 in forum Titus
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-24-2003, 07:37 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.