complete ss conversion kits?- Mtbr.com
    destructionismyobjective

complete ss conversion kits?

Was wondering if there were any out there. I dont really want to piece one together if there is a kit id rather buy it as a whole. Thanks.

Single Speed Junkie
    Need to give us a bit more info.

Are you taking a current bike and converting or looking for a kit from the ground up?

If your using a current ride go out and get your self a can of unboltium and get to it. Remove all things geared, find a cog for the rear and cut some spacers from some piping could even be PVC (It works). Unbolt the granny gear and use the big ring for a bash gaurd, or find a set of shorty bolts. Pick up a tensioner and your set. Of course this is a low buck build, if you waant to go bling speed then there is that option also.

destructionismyobjective
    Im lookin at converting a trek that I got. Dont want a ground up kit, just the crank or sprocket and the cog.

local trails rider
    I think you could use your existing cranks, a bit like suggested above. You need a cog, spacers and a tensioner. Lots of people have been praising the Rennen tensioner and adjustable spacer. Surly, On One, Gusset and DMR are other companies that make SS conversion kits.

I wear two thongs
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hoefer
    Any reviews on that tensioner that's included in the kit?

Retro Grouch

Soulcraft has one..

Quote Originally Posted by bitterrider
    Was wondering if there were any out there. I dont really want to piece one together if there is a kit id rather buy it as a whole. Thanks.
    http://www.soulcraftbikes.com/id57.htm

The cost is about $155

1G1G

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by yater
    Any reviews on that tensioner that's included in the kit?
    it is pretty much a 'stock' push down spring tensioner...the spring on that particular tensioner (Misfit) has been modified. it is external, much stronger and less prone to deformation/breakage and malfunction (then other internal spring versions - generic of course).

the cost within that kit is roughly 15-18$...yes you COULD get a 'better' tensioner for double to triple the price...but i can't justify the increase in cost to you. fact is my success rate with it is near perfect - as always, proper installation is key.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Members who have read this thread: 0