College- Mtbr.com

Thread: College

mtbr member

College

I solved my delema, of not having enough room for my bikes at school!
    i wanted to take, road, ss and comuter (fixie). I think I only have room for two, so I had an idea that I saw here on someones thread. I found my old gearie rear wheel, pulled the cassette body and welded the pawls. now I only have a road bike, my ss and a fixie wheel!
    I rode it to school today and made a huge mistake. I have never ridden fixed before so, when I normally ride i ride with my coffee im hand. by the time I got to school half of it was on my coat and pants. bummer! but I learned how to skid on the way home so that made up for it. I was stoked until the "cool kids" laughed and gawked at me, due to my efforts. it probably looked goofy anyway.
    so heres some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JF2 Racing!

try driving your car less
    Quote Originally Posted by I Like Bikes
    I was stoked until the "cool kids" laughed and gawked at me, due to my efforts. it probably looked goofy anyway.
    Here's a tip: You will look back one day and realize that those cool kids are really a bunch of a-holes! in the mature adult world, it's not cool to laugh at people who are learning something new, particularly as cool as skidding a fixie. it's not cool to be an a-hole. i enjoy the adult world, especially the films.
    you should consider something for the heel rub on your chainstay. give it a light sanding, then put some clearcoat (or clear nail polish or whatever) on it, then maybe some tape or something to protect it. or just leave it as-is as a badge that says, 'yeah, i ride it a lot!'
    Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member

that is a...

Quote Originally Posted by I Like Bikes
    I solved my delema, of not having enough room for my bikes at school!
    i wanted to take, road, ss and comuter (fixie). I think I only have room for two, so I had an idea that I saw here on someones thread. I found my old gearie rear wheel, pulled the cassette body and welded the pawls. now I only have a road bike, my ss and a fixie wheel!
    That is a bike that gets ridden! I like it!

As for them a-holes...usually the salutation with either middle finger works. F-them.

pepito
    Jun 2004
    just laugh back at them when your biker physique is drawing in the ladies while their beer bellied asses are stuck with rosie palm and her five sisters.

the_dude
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling" ~James E. Starrs

mtbr member
    What could be cooler than riding a SS Bianchi?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thats a sweet set up bro, think about this put the road and SS inside and keep a fixie outside. Thats what I do here in wisconsin. And don't worry about the kids making fun of you, i get it all the time. you will always get the last laugh though...they leave 15 mins early for class and you can leave 3 mins before class and still make it before the prof....and when it's cold they have to suffer though walking, while you are only outside for a couple of mins...some people just don't get it....keep on riding!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0