Coconino Cycles "LiveWrong" cruiser raffle...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    34N 118W
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,246

    Coconino Cycles "LiveWrong" cruiser raffle...

    some lucky SOB is going home with this bike. $2 raffle tickets were being sold at Interbike and the drawing was set for today. Anyone hear of a winner? (my cell phone is awfully quiet )
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    I am Doctor Remulak
    Reputation: AZ Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,413
    That is a gorgeous bike, I was drooling over it a couple weeks ago in Flagstaff.

  3. #3
    igoslo
    Reputation: SoloRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    971
    The bike was given away yesterday at Tour de Fat in Flagstaff. Can't remember the name of the guy that won it, but I rode with him yesterday morning, he's a nurse and a Flag local, he was there to recieve the bike in person. The bike was absolutely amazing and pictures really don't do it justice.
    Last edited by SoloRider; 10-02-2005 at 03:48 PM.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Boy named SSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRider
    The bike was given away yesterday at Tou de Fat in Flagstaff. Can't remember the name of the guy that won it, but I rode with him yesterday morning, he's a nurse and a Flag local, he was there to recieve the bike in person. The bike was absolutely amazing and pictures really don't do it justice.
    That is really nice. Does anyone know what cranks and chainring those are? I really like the chainring ( please don't correct me on the difference between a chainring and chainwheel while at it).

    cheers

  5. #5
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy named SSue
    That is really nice. Does anyone know what cranks and chainring those are? I really like the chainring ( please don't correct me on the difference between a chainring and chainwheel while at it).

    cheers
    Looks like a Profile Racing Imperial chainwheel ( ) to me.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Boy named SSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Looks like a Profile Racing Imperial chainwheel ( ) to me.
    Thanks Shig, I am thinking otherwise. I have an imperial around and the holes are not circles. I think this is something else. The little silver dot between the holes are throwing me but I think it was painted custom.

    I ended up on the recieving end of the chainring vs chainwheel lecture three times in recent memory. Once I was discussing worn teeth on a bike I hadn't seen and someone more familiar with it launched into it. I just use chainring in all cases because I end up being the guy explaining the difference when I say chainwheel.

  7. #7
    Needed Less ~ Did More
    Reputation: Singlespeedpunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,008

    Work in progress...

    ...can be viewed on the videos section or www.spectrumpowderworks.com where they apply the gold leaf lettering! Those guys do some amazing work, they need a UK branch so I can use them!

    Alex
    "Put any one on one of these singlespeed bikes and they could not help but have fun"
    -
    Otis Guy talking about klunkers c1976

  8. #8
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy named SSue
    Thanks Shig, I am thinking otherwise. I have an imperial around and the holes are not circles. I think this is something else. The little silver dot between the holes are throwing me but I think it was painted custom...
    The shape of the holes depends on the size of the "sprocket" (Profile's term ).


    I think it is a smaller black anno Imperial and the "little silver dots" are reflections.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  9. #9
    paintbucket
    Reputation: wooglin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRider
    The bike was given away yesterday at Tou de Fat in Flagstaff. Can't remember the name of the guy that won it, but I rode with him yesterday morning, he's a nurse and a Flag local, he was there to recieve the bike in person. The bike was absolutely amazing and pictures really don't do it justice.
    Sounds like UNO from bikemag.com, the rat bastard! He's already got a Coconino cx bike. I'm gonna have to send him a nastygram and get the straight scoop.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

  10. #10
    *Hotter than Hell*
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    710

    ... and if we just ... Mr. Livewrong

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRider
    The bike was given away yesterday at Tour de Fat in Flagstaff. Can't remember the name of the guy that won it, but I rode with him yesterday morning, he's a nurse and a Flag local, he was there to recieve the bike in person. The bike was absolutely amazing and pictures really don't do it justice.
    Ask Big Johnny


    www.drunkcyclist.com

  11. #11
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,814
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Looks like a Profile Racing Imperial chainwheel ( ) to me.
    It is...it's the Widowmaker I think, the same as I have on my Vulture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Padre; 10-02-2005 at 05:55 PM.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    some lucky SOB is going home with this bike. $2 raffle tickets were being sold at Interbike and the drawing was set for today. Anyone hear of a winner? (my cell phone is awfully quiet )
    damn missed that at the show I would have dropped a few bills.

  13. #13
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    It is...it's the Widowmaker I think, the same as I have on my Vulture.
    Nope. This is the Widowmaker:

    36-44t

    Imperial:

    24-46t (in one tooth increments)
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Boy named SSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The shape of the holes depends on the size of the "sprocket" (Profile's term ).


    I think it is a smaller black anno Imperial and the "little silver dots" are reflections.
    Man, what was I thinking when I thought you might be wrong for once? I have a 42t and the holes are really elongated.

    cheers

  15. #15
    *Hotter than Hell*
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    710

    ... and if we just ... lucky sob!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloRider
    The bike was given away yesterday at Tour de Fat in Flagstaff. Can't remember the name of the guy that won it, but I rode with him yesterday morning, he's a nurse and a Flag local, he was there to recieve the bike in person. The bike was absolutely amazing and pictures really don't do it justice.
    The winner Brian R. aka: " Ribsteak "

  16. #16
    igoslo
    Reputation: SoloRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by totally_fixxated
    The winner Brian R. aka: " Ribsteak "
    Yup, that's who it was.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stonedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    122

    On a Side note....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    some lucky SOB is going home with this bike. $2 raffle tickets were being sold at Interbike and the drawing was set for today. Anyone hear of a winner? (my cell phone is awfully quiet )

    The builder, Steve Garro ie Coconino Cycles, was hit a by a car and is in the hospital. Big Johnny has the info on his site.

    http://www.drunkcyclist.com/index1.html

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    32
    Yes it is a black anno Imperial (33) and yes I won the bike. Rides like a dream downtown to the bars and on the trails around Flag. I will do the bike justice. Had to upgrade to a Thompson post and an old Flite to finish it off.

  19. #19
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    some lucky SOB is going home with this bike. $2 raffle tickets were being sold at Interbike and the drawing was set for today. Anyone hear of a winner? (my cell phone is awfully quiet )

    i just wanta' know if/where i can get the gold ano Paul Love Levers??????

    who do i have to kill?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    32
    Good luck *****es.

  21. #21
    Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Reputation: brado1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,326
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    i just wanta' know if/where i can get the gold ano Paul Love Levers??????

    who do i have to kill?
    here you go
    http://www.bikepro.com/products/brak...ever/paul.html

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Nope. This is the Widowmaker:

    36-44t

    Imperial:

    24-46t (in one tooth increments)
    You beat me to it. I didn't think they made the widowmaker that small.
    I have a 32t black imperial that is almost brand new if you were looking for one, drop me a pm.

    I only had it on the bike for a short time and I needed to move the Profile cranks back to my BMX bike.

  23. #23
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by brado1
    The info on that site is ten years old.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  24. #24
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by brado1

    as Shig said; old info, and those were the non-disc/v compatable levers anyhow. current Pauls come in red-black-silver only, at least those are the only ones i've ever seen available. i'm sure these were probably a "special" job for this bike.

    got Love Levers on two bikes pulling Avid mechs, and am cruising e-bay to eventually pick up a set for the 3rd bike. i've paid much less than regular retail on the first two pair, i want to do the same with the last! color doesn't really matter, but if they started making them in gold, i'd likely go ahead and pay full retail for a new pair!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    15
    Are those hubs the Gaansari Goldenboy made by Paul?

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    32
    Straight up Pauls High Flange with the FlipFlop fixed on one side, White 17/19 on the other.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.