CK ISO Singlespeed conversion to 142*12- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    agu
    agu is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,098

    CK ISO Singlespeed conversion to 142*12

    Hello

    Would anyone know if a 135mm Chris King ISO Disc Singlespeed hub can be upgraded to 142*12?

    I know there's a kit available for geared hubs, but the description says it isn't meant for singlespeed hubs.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    greedy
    Reputation: have2ride2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    482
    I've been waiting a while for them to release one. They claim to have one in the works in the article below. As far as I know it isn't available yet. They say it will be soon, but coming from Chris King, it may take forever or never even happen. Sounds like a new hub or conversion will be available. This is the only news I've seen of it.

    SOC15: Chris King adds thru-axle rear road hubs & singlespeed hubs

  3. #3
    agu
    agu is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by have2ride2day View Post
    I've been waiting a while for them to release one. They claim to have one in the works in the article below. As far as I know it isn't available yet. They say it will be soon, but coming from Chris King, it may take forever or never even happen. Sounds like a new hub or conversion will be available. This is the only news I've seen of it.

    SOC15: Chris King adds thru-axle rear road hubs & singlespeed hubs
    Thanks!

    I've emailed them as well, and await their reply.

    Guess we have to wait and see.

  4. #4
    agu
    agu is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,098
    Got a reply from the folks at Chris King:

    "We do have a 142x12mm axle available for that hub now.* You will want to look for part # PHB591."

  5. #5
    greedy
    Reputation: have2ride2day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by agu View Post
    Got a reply from the folks at Chris King:

    "We do have a 142x12mm axle available for that hub now.* You will want to look for part # PHB591."
    Nice.

  6. #6
    there's no bread
    Reputation: byrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    218


    Installing this tonight. Also a good excuse to give the internals some love, which I have been neglecting.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    62
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did that axle cost?
    At what point did you decide you needed more than 1 gear?

  8. #8
    agu
    agu is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by ride_bikes View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did that axle cost?
    AVT has them listed at $79.99

Similar Threads

  1. Les singlespeed conversion
    By dmo in forum Pivot Cycles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2015, 09:22 AM
  2. Singlespeed conversion
    By cbrianmatthews in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2013, 05:41 AM
  3. Singlespeed conversion
    By BigE610 in forum Fat bikes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 08:41 AM
  4. singlespeed conversion question
    By csm929 in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 02:26 PM
  5. Device for singlespeed conversion?
    By ells08 in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 04:44 PM

Members who have read this thread: 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.