mtbr member

A ChriSStmaSS Story

1SPD had another post about riding on Christmas Day and it got me to thinking.... Here in Colorado, it was in the mid-50's on XMas. I don't really celebrate the holiday, but I celebrated the weather by getting out for a snowshoe in the mountains in the morning with the family, and a quick romp on the SS in the afternoon. Thought I'd put it out there- anyone else get out for a ride on ChriSStmaSS? Tell us your story...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A ChriSStmaSS Story-xmas-ride1.jpg  

A ChriSStmaSS Story-xmas-ride2.jpg  

A ChriSStmaSS Story-xmas-ride3.jpg  

A ChriSStmaSS Story-xmas-ride5.jpg  

Apr 2007
    Too much family stuff going on for a ride. I am jealous, though.

Low Rep Count
    You know, I had the option to get out and ride as we decided we weren't heading up the road until a little later but I figured I would give my legs a rest.

Going out today when I leave the office in a few minutes though. Wish I could say it was in the 50's here but those days are gone. It will probably be closer to 30 degrees when I get out this afternoon.

Looks beautiful out there though! Nice Vassago!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Green Mountain, at around 4:30 pm. Nice.

mtbr member

Me and Soars rode Christmas

My ex and daughter were with the ex's family all in L.A. We have dogs and expensive fish so I stay here and take care of the critters. Works out pretty good .... eh ? So far rode 23rd , 24th, 25th, 27th 28th took today off but riding tamale and prolly Sat. and Sunday. My pool at the senior center is closed this week so it's ride city this week. Rode Sierra Azul in Los Gatos ca.
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    As a matter of fact, I received the best present of all- I got to ride my SS around part of the world famous Fullerton loop on Crisstmass morning.

Dirty South Underdog
    I had an awesome chirSStmaSS... built an A9C up on the 24th and drove him to the Syllamo Trails in Arkansas on the 25th for the maiden voyage. I'm loving the Niner fork & super-stiff frame- going out for more this weekend!

Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

mtbr member

Gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea138
    I had an awesome chirSStmaSS... built an A9C up on the 24th and drove him to the Syllamo Trails in Arkansas on the 25th for the maiden voyage. I'm loving the Niner fork & super-stiff frame- going out for more this weekend!

A gorgeous bike and a gorgeous trail...

master blaster
    looks like fun

mtbr member
    bad news = 1 hour on rollers in the garage/good news = it was the most peaceful hour of the day.

Great looking Vassago and Niner!

balance_fit
    Jul 2010

Tell me you went down, or up ! those rocky steps on that gorgeous machine !
    Simple, not easy.

Dirty South Underdog
    I was going up when I took this... hopefully this weekend I'll have the nerve to go down. I've done it w/a suspension fork. Still getting used to the rigid!

balance_fit
    Jul 2010
    I was going up when I took this... hopefully this weekend I'll have the nerve to go down. I've done it w/a suspension fork. Still getting used to the rigid!
    No worries, i'm still getting used to the rigid too ! I recently upgraded to a rigid fork. My setup is all steel...truth is, my experience has been outrageous ! My SS now feels like a unified machine !!!
    This is my posting describing my first experience http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=673986

Once you go down those steps you will discover something that i didn't expect on rigid downhills with big steps. I won't tell you though...!...but is truly a unique characteristic of rigid riding

A hint....slow, hips back.

Enjoy ! .... tell me how it went ....
    Simple, not easy.

mtbr member
    That's awesome- I'd much rather ride those steps down than up .

Dirty South Underdog
    I won't say it's impossible, but I've never heard of anyone riding up! They punctuate the end of some intermittently steep/rocky hike-a-bike, so not only are they, well, stairs, but you'd also be redlined/gassed when you rode up to the base of them. I'd love to see someone try, though!

mtbr member

Gollum's ladder

I won't say it's impossible, but I've never heard of anyone riding up! They punctuate the end of some intermittently steep/rocky hike-a-bike, so not only are they, well, stairs, but you'd also be redlined/gassed when you rode up to the base of them. I'd love to see someone try, though!
    Danny can do it and incorporate the walls a bit maybe also? http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=667181
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

mtbr member
    Andrea138 - that bike is bad a$$!! No riding for me much the last 3 weeks as I had some sort of bug that's been going around and couldn't shake it. Back on it this week!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by balance_fit
    Tell me you went down, or up ! those rocky steps on that gorgeous machine !

Here is a little clip that I found. You would have to be a real beast to ride up that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0lt9g5I4jk

Members who have read this thread: 0