Chainring bolts threading on one ring- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Chainring bolts threading on one ring

Got the chainring I wanted for my SS conversion and the old chainring bolts wont fully thread/seat on just one chainring (old road bike conversion, previously two chainrings). Is there something easy I can do? I only need a couple more turns but they are fully threaded as is.

Retro Grouch

Best to get new chain ring bolts..

Quote Originally Posted by scout
    Got the chainring I wanted for my SS conversion and the old chainring bolts wont fully thread/seat on just one chainring (old road bike conversion, previously two chainrings). Is there something easy I can do? I only need a couple more turns but they are fully threaded as is.
    Chainring bolts come in 1 ring, 2 ring and 3 ring size. You have the 2 ring size. Check out your LBS or WEB store and buy some 1 ring size.

1G1G, Brad
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

Nat
    mtbr member

mtbr member
    Do what has been suggested or go to the LBS and see if they have any spacers, though this option is not as good as scout and akbrad's suggestions.
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    with the current bolts, you can use spacers or a bash ring... I used a bashring for some time

and recently replaced the stock screws with these (cheap - $1 each - and light) https://psyclestore.com/product_info...roducts_id=163

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Cool, thanks guys. I knew there had to be an easy way and I'd get the answer here.

Members who have read this thread: 0