Which Chainring ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Which Chainring ?

This Klein bike is my back up and easy day SS'er. I currently have it set up with the small 20t chainring in the front but it is just a bit too easy. I need to have this back up bike to do easy day rides and some extreme climbing from time to time. My question is do I go with a 24t or a 26t chainring replacing the 20t / 5 hole on it now. Crank is an old arse m 730 5 bolt shimano 175mm. Rear freewheel is a 22t white Inds. My main SS'er is geared 32 x 19. The Klein has also been 34 x 22 as in pic http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...59015#poststop Replace the 20 with 24 or 26t.......Which one ?
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

Ride,Smile, Pedal Damn it
    go with 26. I love the Klein. i have a few beaters that wouldn't trade for anything. Oldd Kleins are the best.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by henrymiller1
    go with 26. I love the Klein. i have a few beaters that wouldn't trade for anything. Oldd Kleins are the best.
    Yup, the Klein is a favorite of mine also. I see you own a bunch of them. I was gonna build up a Red and yellow race colors Attitude N.O.S. as a single speed still in the box at my LBS. We went to inspect it.......no frame....just the box with parts and stuff.
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

Members who have read this thread: 0