Chainline: White ENO vs. Paul WORD- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Chainline: White ENO vs. Paul WORD

I'm using an XTR Hollowtech II crankset, and currently an Eno hub with a 47.5mm chainline. I'm thinking of moving to a Paul WORD hub with a 51.5mm chainline. Is this going to cause issues? I don't think I have any way of adjusting my chainline at the crankset.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Looks like the XTR Hollwotech 2's can have between 47.5 and 50 chainlines according to spec. You should be able to get away with just moving the spacers around on the bottom bracket cups until you get close enough- a couple of mm either way isn't a big deal.I usually keep it no more than a 3-4mm difference if I can't get it dead-on. You should also be able to mess with the chainring position to tune it a bit as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I was researching this more, and it looks like MTB Hollowtech II cranks are 50mm at stock, so as it is now, my chainline 2.5mm off, and with the Paul it would 1.5mm off. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Paul should actually give me a better chainline.

mtbr member
    if i am write the paul has an adjustable chainline. i am not 100 percent sure but i might be write.
    Ride & Smile

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    you're not right, paul's doesn't have "adjustable chainline".

but bad mech, you are right, the paul's WOULD be giving you a better chainline.
    besides, paul's hubs are stupid easy to work on, have great wide flanges and build really easily into a crazy strong wheel.
    yeah I've got one!
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

Members who have read this thread: 1