chain tensioner compatible with Paul Word hub?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

chain tensioner compatible with Paul Word hub?

i want to finally put a tensioner on my bike. the chain seems ok with a 32/17 ratio, but the chain bounces around a lot. i was thinking about getting a DMR tensioner but it looks like that one is mounted on the frame by the skewer, and i don't have a skewer. the bolts on my Word hub are a lot bigger than a skewer, so would this tensioner work on my bike? i like the urethane roller design because it seems a little smoother than the Singleator that i was going to buy.

if the DMR doesnt work, what would be the next best thing? it also has to be not-so-expensive, so the Soulcraft one is out.

mtbr member
    Hit up Fishergirl on mojo, I gave her a Surly Singulator a number of years ago that I doubt she's using. If all else fails, ask Car!os to hang on to any junk rear derail. you can use that as a pull down style. Also keep an eye out for the dude making the Square Taper EBB here on MTBR, might be just what you've been looking for

mtbr member
    thanks bob. i am actually working part-time at Bike World with Carlos, so i will keep digging around here for spare parts to make this work.

the other idea i have is to fabricate some sort of spacers for the Word bolts with an off-center hole in the collar so that they can be rotated, pushing the axle back a tiny bit. i only need to hube to be pushed back about 1/16" of an inch to tighten it.

mtbr member
    Ah cool, I'll bring the spare axle to BW and leave it in the service area for you.

Members who have read this thread: 0