Chain rings...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Chain rings...

No Justice = No Peace

Chain rings...

I am trying to set up a 2x2 on my XT Hollowtech cranks. I bought Salsa rings which have the indent on one side, and a slight offset, apparently to space them correctly for the middle ring position. IN the correct orientation, the spacing is all wrong, and if I turn it backwards, the fit is terrible on the crank and also on the chainring bolts.

Are there rings that have no ofset which will work in both positions, or are there outer specific rings?

I am looking for a black 34t outer, if anyone has something to trade.
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutarious
    I am trying to set up a 2x2 on my XT Hollowtech cranks. I bought Salsa rings which have the indent on one side, and a slight offset, apparently to space them correctly for the middle ring position. IN the correct orientation, the spacing is all wrong, and if I turn it backwards, the fit is terrible on the crank and also on the chainring bolts.

Are there rings that have no ofset which will work in both positions, or are there outer specific rings?

I am looking for a black 34t outer, if anyone has something to trade.
    I have two sets of surplus ramped Shimano chainrings. One Shimano set is a brand new triple 22-32-44 take-off from a new XT crankset, the other is a steel Deore 26-36 used set without a big ring. I don't have a ramped 34 laying around, but contact me if any of this may help.

Cheers,

Dave
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]

I might be interested...

Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    I have two sets of surplus ramped Shimano chainrings. One Shimano set is a brand new triple 22-32-44 take-off from a new XT crankset, the other is a steel Deore 26-36 used set without a big ring. I don't have a ramped 34 laying around, but contact me if any of this may help.
    ...in the 32T XT middle ring. PM sent.

No Justice = No Peace

clarification

Maybe I wasn't clear. I am trying to find the best way to get two rings up front. One 34t on the outer ring, and one 32t on the middle ring. Anyone running a similar set up? What kind of rings are you using?

thanks,
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

Members who have read this thread: 0