carbon suspension seatpost w/airspring?- Mtbr.com
    Retro Grouch

carbon suspension seatpost w/airspring?

Naw, just looks that way. I bought this from England off ebay for $40.00 when it looked like I would need a pipe wrench to remove my stuck post. Turns out it came out pretty easy with only some cosmetic issues. Still, I figured I try this bad boy out anyway. I don't think it had a brand name, but it does has an spring and about an inch of travel.

1G1G, Brad

Say a prayer for Francois..
    Attached Images Attached Images

smc
    mtbr member
    Have you used a suspension seat post before? I've heard they can stuff your knees around because the distance from the seat to bb varies as you bounce..? But if you're standing it doesn't matter i guess. I dunno, just thinking "aloud".

Who are the brain police?
    I use a thudbuster st that has 1.5". The bike has been setup for commuting, but its so fun that its seeing all kinds of use. Knees are happy.

Not sure how the distance to the BB changes on this one since you go back as you go down. Its a parallelogram design.

It really is a nice post. Props to cane creek.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

Retro Grouch

I replaced a suspension seatpost..

Quote Originally Posted by smc
    Have you used a suspension seat post before? I've heard they can stuff your knees around because the distance from the seat to bb varies as you bounce..? But if you're standing it doesn't matter i guess. I dunno, just thinking "aloud".
    The previous post was a USE suspension post. My back really appreciates the give and I don't notice the varying BB. The main problem I have discovered is you can't use the seat as a lever to loosen the seatpost because of the suspension mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    I use a Thudbuster st that has 1.5". The bike has been setup for commuting, but its so fun that its seeing all kinds of use.
    My buddy Spike has a Thudbuster available if needed. He bought it for his Chameleon before he upgraded to a Rig; they're ugly as hell but I hear they work great.

1G1G, Brad
    Last edited by aka brad; 06-22-2006 at 07:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I second the Thudbuster ST. Just enough to take the edge off. The parallelogram design keeps the distance from the seat to the BB pretty much the same through it's travel. The ST is a lot more svelte than the LT and less obtrusive. An LT on a SS would spoil the simplicity of the design and probably be overkill considering how much time is spent out of the saddle on a SS anyway. I like mine and would recommend it to anyone looking to soften the blow just a little. As an aside, I'm under 160 lbs now and use the black elastomer. I was considering the blue one but think the black is just fine. Pretty stiff but still some cush.

Members who have read this thread: 0