Carbon fork swap done- Mtbr.com
    Sweep the leg!

Carbon fork swap done

It's done. "Lost" slowed me down because I had to "be quiet" while my wife watched the show. Off went the Reba SL, on went the carbon Switchblade. Someone asked what the steer tube material is...it's aluminum. I pounded on the extra base plate for the King headset s I'll be able to swap pretty easily if I want.

I also removed the decade old Onza HO pedals. The elastomers were pretty cashed and I was having issues getting clipped in on muddier rides so it is time to retire them to commuter duty. In their place now sits a pair of Eggbeater 2Ti's. I still need to put the cleats on my shoes but the bike is done.

So the Rig is now roughly 900 grams lighter... and it should be just a tickle over 22 pounds.

I'll take it by the shop Friday to get an actual weight, but it feels more like a bike.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

If you have to ask...
    Wow- you have had the OnZa pedals on your bike for a decade and yet you are still alive? You deserve some kind of award for that.
    It's 7:09 California time

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I wore out four pairs of the Onza HOs over the course of 12 years or so, including 5 years on various singlespeeds, never once had a complaint with them. I thought they were pretty mud tolerant, too. I had worse luck with the first gen. Eggbeaters. I finally retired my last pair (ti spindle) last year to my trainer bike.
    I don't know why they had such a bad rep. What was so life-threatening about them?

(Sorry about the thread hijack CF)

mtbr member
    C'mon man lets see the pics!

Members who have read this thread: 0