Attached Images Attached Images

fc
    head minion Administrator
    the damage

fc

retrotec tandem in a tutu

Curt Inglis, the master welder. A disaster fashionista!

mtbr member

contest

My God! There are hills here.

fc

Norcal vs. Socal

So for the otter, Socal drives up and starts talking smack. So Norcal throws it down and says "our smallest, youngest singlespeeder can kick all yer asses and send you back crying home to L.A." Socal answers back and says "oh yeah, well padre's wife can bring it!"

So the stage is set... Pierre vs. Leslie. Norcal vs. Socal. Whoever finishes first takes home SS bragging rights.

The race: Leslie gets hangs out in front at the start and hammers the start of the race. On the first singletrack descent however, a rider dabs on the side of the trail and his bike swings wildly onto the trail. Leslie t-bones it and there's a yard sale! Pierre zooms by!!! Leslie's husband, Padre zooms by as well <- nice!

All is well until hurl hill, Pierre goes into shock and starts walking. Leslie, unfazed by the crash hammers up and the race is over. Leslie finishes at 1:50, Pierre at 1:55.

All is well. Socal wins the battle. They still drove home crying though cause the norcal trails are soo good. Next year!!!

francois

mtbr member

We love 'dem braggin rights!!!!

Great race by Pierre! The NoCal trails are always tons of fun to ride.....so with that said....when are we going to get the NoCal'ers down to enjoy some steep rocky rides????

So Franny, pack some bags, give the wife and kids a kiss and hug and we will see ya soon. We'll make sure Poacher and Hhhhot don't charge too far infront of you on the descents. That way you won't get lost.

andy

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    So for the otter, Socal drives up and starts talking smack. So Norcal throws it down and says "our smallest, youngest singlespeeder can kick all yer asses and send you back crying home to L.A." Socal answers back and says "oh yeah, well padre's wife can bring it!"

So the stage is set... Pierre vs. Leslie. Norcal vs. Socal. Whoever finishes first takes home SS bragging rights.

The race: Leslie gets hangs out in front at the start and hammers the start of the race. On the first singletrack descent however, a rider dabs on the side of the trail and his bike swings wildly onto the trail. Leslie t-bones it and there's a yard sale! Pierre zooms by!!! Leslie's husband, Padre zooms by as well <- nice!

All is well until hurl hill, Pierre goes into shock and starts walking. Leslie, unfazed by the crash hammers up and the race is over. Leslie finishes at 1:50, Pierre at 1:55.

All is well. Socal wins the battle. They still drove home crying though cause the norcal trails are soo good. Next year!!!

francois
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

used to be uno-speedo....
    Just an observation, in that first picture....either you two guys are really short or that guy on the right is really tall!!

Ride what you want!!
    Quote Originally Posted by uno-speedo
    Just an observation, in that first picture....either you two guys are really short or that guy on the right is really tall!!
    Maybe both are true.

george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by uno-speedo
    HEY! I resemble that comment! No, really, i do. It's my sorry mug. All 78" of me.....

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Just now stopped now from laughing. I walk in the door, and 1x1girl (aka Hhhhhot) says..."you aren't going to believe what Francis just posted!" LOL
    What a great event and great people. Pierre is on deck for butt-kicking rights, that's for sure. One tough and fast little guy. We'll have to have him down sometime so he can learn how to handle the "uphill shock syndrome" that so plagues the norcal crew.
    Funniest post I've read this year!
    For the record.. I did ride past the crash site, recognize that is was indeed my wife in a tangle of bikes, and consider momentarily, stopping. Then I considered, that if I did that, she would jump back on her bike even quicker and drop me like a bad habit. At my size, you have to take the advantages every which way they come! That being said, had there been even ONE real hill on the course(real=at least 2 miles of UP), she would have had us all by 10 minutes or more!

francois

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Team Iron Maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey H, that is one expensive walker! Were you just showing off your saddle??!?!?

fc
    Team Iron Maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fc
    And finally, the greatest singlespeed-cruiser-huckster of all time. SANJAY!!!

<font size=3>...of all time,</font> <font size=2>of all time</font>, <font size=1>of all time...</font>

34N 118W

No good great.

um, my chain broke? Wait, no, this was taken as I walked up to the starting line.....I mean, no....ok I was riding too fast, so I hopped off so PJ could grab a good shot without being blurry. Um, I heard a spectator say "You rock!" but I thought they said "You - walk!", so I did as they said. Yeah that's it. Apparently PJ didn't hear my "no walking shots!" cries.

I may be walkin', but you can't argue with the stats. It's all about the final lap time baby.

HW - headed for another beer now.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

... and if we just ... "right-click, save as..."

oh, that's one for the files... an instant claSSic, fer rizzle.