Thread: Capo!

Masher

Capo!

I love my mountain bike and have never owned a road bike. I wait anxiously for the '08 Cannondale SS 29'er to be available and in the meantime the Capo caught my eye. I am in no way an urban commuter or anythign like that. I'm just looking for a fun road bike and this seemed like a moderatley priced bike that would give my legs a good talking to.

I realize this is mtbr.com but if anyone has any experience with it or an opinion I'd love to hear it. And please, until that 29er is available I will be in a Nyquil induced coma so when it is for sale could you splash some water this way and point me to REI.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    After riding mtb for over 20yrs, and with the rising price of gas and my stomach. I decided to add a road bike to the stable. The capo was the only one that made sense to me. It's light for the price. Simple. Really stiff under power, but the seatstays have some give, unlike the langester and other mass produced fixies. After a few months of riding it fixed (have them make it fixed before leaving the store with a 17t cog). I took off both brakes. I commute on the same 12mile route with it everyday, so stopping is just a foresight thing.
    The reasons for riding fixed are many with the main one being the inertia added to your ride. Your rear wheel will push you along. It's going to be hard at first, but it will come to you with time.

Now get over to the right forum before this gets deleted:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

Masher
    HA Thx!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have a Capo, and I really like it, i immediately put a track cog on it and made it fixed, and I commute around tahoe on it, super fun, and a good training tool, similer to using a ss mtb for training. The bike is affordable, and fun, and if i could change one thing it would be to have more clearance around the tires so i could run cross tires, that would be the ideal biked for me, flip flop hub (ss/fixed) cross bike.

mtbr member
    The Capo has been my summer/fall commuter ride for just about 1 year now. As you can see below, the front end soon met a Toyota Camry after only 3 days of use.

No worries, though...the frame was fine, and I was uninjured. I will have to take a pic of the rebuilt Capo: Cannondale full carbon (steerer and dropouts) fork, Mavic Opens - 28h formula hubs, E.A.I. cog, Cinelli sub 200 bars and stem, Dura Ace cranks, Selle Italia 165g slr saddle, some unknown full carbon post... All that remains from the stock capo is the square taper BB, the front brake, and the frame. She weighs in a 14.8lbs with Time Atax XS pedals.

I put between 50-100 miles on her per week, and I could not be more pleased. Fast, nimble in traffic, and survived a crash.

Jeff

mtbr member
    go for it, it's a great looking bike w/ a lifetime warrantee, should last you forever.

I'll take a freewheel though...
    My one says BRAP!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That is funny, I have a pink kmc bmx chain on my capo as well, small world. But my capo is the matte black, my r800 is in the silver.

Members who have read this thread: 0