Can my Jamis Komodo be a rigid SS?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Can my Jamis Komodo be a rigid SS?

I recently had a friend give me a Jamis Komodo frame and Ive been looking at it wanting to turn it into a single speed bike to thrash around town and something I could leave locked up and not worry about too much.
    I keep looking for a nice front suspension for but everything decent seems to cost 300 dollars and is more than I want to put into this toy.

Im wondering if I can install a rigid fork onto this frame and have the geometry be ok. I think the frame is actually designed for a 120mm travel fork.
    Also if there is a good deal of a fork out there that I havent looked at Id love to hear it. I looked at the splice, axel, black and after reading reviews on them I just got scared about their performance.

Thanks for the help.
    -Joseph

mtbr member
    A rigid Surly or Kona rigid will run you @$60. They're adjusted for suspension, but not sure if they're compatible w/a 120mm. Check the manufacturers websites or deal with someone bike bikeman.com and they should be able to answer all of your questions and sell you what you need.

Members who have read this thread: 0