Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Steamroller
    Reputation: Mattman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,217

    Burly Beige Bird revealed

    Another Mattbike! This is what happens when you can't ride, but are not completely disabled and have a lot of time on your hands. I apologise if I've exceeded my post quota, or new bike spread quota in the last 6 weeks

    I scored this very big burly Vulture on ebay recently. It had never been built or ridden though it was made in 2003. Some of you will remember, it had problems with bubbles and rust in the powdercoat. Olympic did a swell job making it look pretty again. Here's the build basics
    Vulture SS frame with pinch style EBB, 25" top tube, extra top tube and tandem chain stays for extreme durability and Clydeworthiness.
    New OE Bianchi SS disc fork painted to match
    Nokian NBX Rubber on Mavic rims laced to IRO Cassette disc hubs
    Thomson post and stem
    WTB Saddle
    Easton carbon riser bar with 1 1/2" rise by 26" width, Oury grips
    De-S'd XT 180mm crank (looks like 170mm on this beast)with Truvative bashring and 32 tooth ring
    Novatech 18 tooth rear cog and Sram PC-1 chain
    Avid BB7 brakes with SD7 levers

    Initially I got this frame hoping to build it and hook a buddy on SS. He just got a 5 spot and is busy playing with it and has decided he wants a Rig if he goes SS later. Plan 2 was to make it my urban utility bike, but it is too nice to be 2nd bike to my Waltworks 29r, too expensive to leave locked up at the grocery store, and a bit too big for me anyway. All that said, I have a cool big burly beige bird in need of a good home. I'm posting it as is in the classifieds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mattman; 05-11-2005 at 01:58 PM.
    Two Wheeled and Too Big

  2. #2
    TR
    TR is offline
    Angry bunny
    Reputation: TR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,948
    That is the sweetest looking beige bike I have ever seen.

    No really, I like that bike Matt.
    Looks big, beefy and bullet proof.
    I wish I was disabled like you!!!!

  3. #3
    Steamroller
    Reputation: Mattman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,217

    The color matches mine

    Quote Originally Posted by TR
    That is the sweetest looking beige bike I have ever seen.

    No really, I like that bike Matt.
    Looks big, beefy and bullet proof.
    I wish I was disabled like you!!!!
    I've been told it matches my truck, also that it matches me. It would match you pretty good too TR. Single speeds are supposed to be simple, this is simple paint. I guess I could have called it the naked Vulture! My bikes always seem to get names This was already christened Burly Beige Bird.
    Two Wheeled and Too Big

  4. #4
    TR
    TR is offline
    Angry bunny
    Reputation: TR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattman
    I've been told it matches my truck, also that it matches me. It would match you pretty good too TR. Single speeds are supposed to be simple, this is simple paint. I guess I could have called it the naked Vulture! My bikes always seem to get names This was already christened Burly Beige Bird.
    I am not that colourful!!!

    If you ever decided to put a suspension fork on that baby the Marz AM would just about match. You could have the ONLY bike in the world that matches that fork!!!

  5. #5
    Drinkin' Buddy
    Reputation: Blowout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    155

    Vultures should match trucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattman
    I've been told it matches my truck, also that it matches me.
    When I ordered my vulture, I asked Wade to match the metallic blue of my '73 chevy truck. It turned out really close. The only reason it does not match is that the truck is spotty with rust and moss, and the Vulture is still pretty and blue
    kyle
    Got Beer?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    370
    Nice looking build up MAtt! I hope TR dosn't get a bike to match the colour of his car, it's not exactly an appealing shade of green, besides he'd probably go for pink anyway...

  7. #7
    bicyclist
    Reputation: fish man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,001
    all bikes should be required by law to be that colour
    People who really know what happened aren't talking. And the people who don't have a clue, you can't shut them up.
    Tom Waits

  8. #8
    Steamroller
    Reputation: Mattman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,217

    29rs in Oz?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoWay Ray
    Nice looking build up MAtt! I hope TR dosn't get a bike to match the colour of his car, it's not exactly an appealing shade of green, besides he'd probably go for pink anyway...
    Hey Ray, I don't know about the color of his car, but what I can't figure is why he would get rid of a Suburu, which is arguably the cool cyclists car, for a Ford

    TR is telling me a bunch of his mates are wanting to go 29r, are you among that crowd?
    Two Wheeled and Too Big

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    370
    Well I'll have to admit, TR's car seems better than the Subaru, just the colour is a bit well...

    I think I'm partly the person that got TR on the whole ss/29er bandwagon( he wishes he could be cool like me and ride even half as well) Although I've gone to the dark side and bought his NRS off him. But lately the ss has been getting more of a workout, and I'm real keen on the 29er concept.

  10. #10
    TR
    TR is offline
    Angry bunny
    Reputation: TR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,948
    Quote Originally Posted by NoWay Ray
    Well I'll have to admit, TR's car seems better than the Subaru, just the colour is a bit well...

    I think I'm partly the person that got TR on the whole ss/29er bandwagon( he wishes he could be cool like me and ride even half as well) Although I've gone to the dark side and bought his NRS off him. But lately the ss has been getting more of a workout, and I'm real keen on the 29er concept.
    Ray you are not riding anywhere near as well as me at the moment.
    Tell Matt the truth that you are actually unable to ride at all at the moment (geared, SS or 29'er) after your girlie crash.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by TR
    Ray you are not riding anywhere near as well as me at the moment.
    Tell Matt the truth that you are actually unable to ride at all at the moment (geared, SS or 29'er) after your girlie crash.
    Technically you are correct, since I'm not riding at the moment. But how many people do you know who are hardcore enough to crash while riding a ss uphill and break themselves??? Ever since I got your NRS I've had this strange attraction towards trees...

Similar Threads

  1. From burly to musclebound!? Ack!
    By screampint in forum Women's Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 02:25 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.