Breezer Ignaz- Mtbr.com

Thread: Breezer Ignaz

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Breezer Ignaz

I recently aquired a practically NOS Breezer Ignaz and I'm thinking about converting it to a SS. Problem: what do I do about a rear brake? I know I could mount a fixed hub, but I'd rather go SS if possible. Thought about having Gene Spicer weld some canti posts on, but the paint is in really nice condition and I'm not too keen on powdercoating her just yet after Gene has work his magic. Has anyone tried to convert one of these frames to a single speed? If so, how did you go about it? Any pics? Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Doesn't Term's Ignaz have canti post's?

My Ignaz is in the same predicament as yours. With the 7 speed hub in back it's rear heavy. It would ride better as SS. I've thought about having Gene weld on the posts and then having the paint matched up as close as possible. But with too-many-bikes syndrome, I'll leave it for now.

Terminaut's Ignaz had canti posts but he's taking care of more important matters than bikes right now. They have a new baby!

Quote Originally Posted by thaumazein
    I recently aquired a practically NOS Breezer Ignaz and I'm thinking about converting it to a SS. Problem: what do I do about a rear brake? I know I could mount a fixed hub, but I'd rather go SS if possible. Thought about having Gene Spicer weld some canti posts on, but the paint is in really nice condition and I'm not too keen on powdercoating her just yet after Gene has work his magic. Has anyone tried to convert one of these frames to a single speed? If so, how did you go about it? Any pics? Thanks in advance.

34N 118W

terminaut's

Quote Originally Posted by thaumazein
    Look's like term's Breezer already had posts on it? I had posts added to my Schwinn cruiser but like you said, I don't think I'd want to mess with the paint. Drum brake in back and disc up front? Tam had the The Path build up a super beefy coaster brake hub for the Downieville Cruiser Cup. Maybe give Tani a call and ask him. Tustin, CA. or shoot Tam an email at terminautATsinglespeed.net
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hollywood; 03-25-2004 at 10:30 AM.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

looks custom to me...

the paint around the brake studs looks a little bit lighter in the picture. may well have been welded on aftermarket and the paint didn't exactly match.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Thanks for the pic and info

A belated thanks for the pic above and assorted info. Cheers, Dave