Brake adapter?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Brake adapter?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Brake adapter?

I've been riding a On One Inbred slot drop with an A2Z disc brake adapter without any problems. With this set up only 1 chain tugg can be used. It holds well enough that I have broken chains, but never had to stop a ride to tighten the chain. I'm having a frame built and I plan to use this set up. The builder prefers an EBB set up. Paragons sliders are not an option with this builder. Please let me know the good and bad of A2Z adapters. Or a better idea!! Thanks

Retro Grouch
    Quote Originally Posted by twheel
    I've been riding a On One Inbred slot drop with an A2Z disc brake adapter without any problems. With this set up only 1 chain tugg can be used. It holds well enough that I have broken chains, but never had to stop a ride to tighten the chain. I'm having a frame built and I plan to use this set up. The builder prefers an EBB set up. Paragons sliders are not an option with this builder. Please let me know the good and bad of A2Z adapters. Or a better idea!! Thanks
    You seem to want to paint yourself into a corner. Having a custom bike made so you can use a disc adapter simply makes no sense. If your frame maker won’t make you the bike you want, find another builder. First, the use of a disc adapter can be problematic, as the stays are not usually braced for a disc brake. So I guess you could have your builder brace your stays for a disc brake with the intent of using a disc adapter, but that would be madness!!! (or silly anyway); you have a bike built because you want it your way! OTOH, I have an EBB bike and I love it, but if you want sliders, get sliders. BTW, I thought the slot drop was disc only, why are you using an adapter?
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

Out spokin'
    A2Z make various brake adapters. What are you using? Let's see some photos.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Members who have read this thread: 0