Bought the Pink surly 1x1 need suggestions on chainrings- Mtbr.com
    zeebot

Bought the Pink surly 1x1 need suggestions on chainrings

I'm a northeast rider. all over from vermont to north carolina(i know thats not the NE.) this is my first adventure into the singlespeed realm...when i saw the pink special i just had to have it

anyways, i'm looking for peoples suggestions on what setup they use in the area. i was thinking 34 up front and trying either 17 or 18 in the rear. i use 175mm XTR 952 cranks and am having a SPOT custom chainring sent to me next week when i decide on the size up front. pics to follow once i get it built up!

i think i'll get a purple king headset instead of using my black spare to keep the trend going!

Cracker-magnon
    Sweet, I was wondering who was going to be the first one on the board to get one. Enjoy it.
    "Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.

Single Speed Cyclist
    Jan 2004

I got a pink 1x1 on the way too!!!!

I saw the post yesterday, and ordered one up ASAP. I had a 1x1 a couple of years ago and loved it. Just had to do it up pink this time around.

As far as gearing....34x18 is a good all around combo, unless you want to hammer. I have ridden that gear for Pisgah, Tsali, Snowshoe WV, and the trails in Maryland.

You will really need to figure out what works best for you and your riding style.

Good luck, and have fun