boone spacers for my rear hub- Mtbr.com
    zeebot

boone spacers for my rear hub

i'm getting ready to order a ti cog and some spacers from boone but i'm not sure how many spacers i should get. i'd rather have more than not enough since they are cheap...they will be going on an american classic disc lite rear hub. any recommendations? size, quantity, etc would be very helpful!

SS Grrrrrrrl

Same question different hub

Quote Originally Posted by Spookykinkajou
    i'm getting ready to order a ti cog and some spacers from boone but i'm not sure how many spacers i should get. i'd rather have more than not enough since they are cheap...they will be going on an american classic disc lite rear hub. any recommendations? size, quantity, etc would be very helpful!

I have the same question, but as it pertains to a SS Disc CK hub. I sent an email to Boone last week but never got a reply.

34N 118W

King

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrab
    I have the same question, but as it pertains to a SS Disc CK hub. I sent an email to Boone last week but never got a reply.
    Brett & co. can set you up with the right amount of spacers for your hub - they did for me when I ordered my cog. I would order the cog, then work out the spacers after.

Spooky - not sure if they know the size of the Am. Classics, you may want to measure your freehub body.

ogarajef@luther.edu

SS Disk CK

I just got a Boone rear cog for my Ck ss hub and was sent a 2mm & 3mm spacer. I was a little shy and needed more spacers. I would order a 2mm, 3mm, and 2-1mm spacers, to get your desired chainline.

Hope that helps.
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Boone Cogs and Chris King

I have Chris King disc hubs (not singlespeed hubs) that I've converted with spacers and a King Kog. Do the Boone cogs work on Chris King hubs??

zeebot

yes

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCanipe
    I have Chris King disc hubs (not singlespeed hubs) that I've converted with spacers and a King Kog. Do the Boone cogs work on Chris King hubs??
    they do

SS Grrrrrrrl
    Quote Originally Posted by 1strongone1
    I just got a Boone rear cog for my Ck ss hub and was sent a 2mm & 3mm spacer. I was a little shy and needed more spacers. I would order a 2mm, 3mm, and 2-1mm spacers, to get your desired chainline.

Hope that helps.

What's the width of the Boone cogs are where they interface with the freehub body?

The king cog is 5 mm and the two spacers that come with it are both 5 mm as well. Total of 15 mm for the lock ring to fit on there just right.

Brown Technologies

Spacer requirements

Sorry If I missed your email. I have so much spam to weed out, sometimes I miss the real emails. For a boone rear (8.15mm at the base) you will need a 3mm and a 2mm spacer. For those converting 8/9spds to SS you will need 2-10mm, 1-5mm, 1-3mm, and 1-2mm. The 10mm spacers are new, so they aren't listed anywhere, but they are availible.
    Brett

SS Grrrrrrrl
    Quote Originally Posted by brett
    Sorry If I missed your email. I have so much spam to weed out, sometimes I miss the real emails. For a boone rear (8.15mm at the base) you will need a 3mm and a 2mm spacer. For those converting 8/9spds to SS you will need 2-10mm, 1-5mm, 1-3mm, and 1-2mm. The 10mm spacers are new, so they aren't listed anywhere, but they are availible.
    Brett

Brett: I think your calculations for the CK SS Disc rear hub shell are incorrect (or maybe King has changed something). 5 mm total of spacers, plus the 8.15 mm cog isn't going to be big enough.

With the King Cog on there (with the spacers King provides) it requires a total of 15mm for the lock ring to engage with enough force to hold the cog in place. More than about 16.5 mm total and there aren't enough threads for the lock ring to engage the shell. I measured this last night.

So by my calculations there should be (1) 3 mm and (1) 4 mm spacer which would bring the total length to 15.15 mm.

(Or in a perfect world (2) 3.5 mm spacers)

Brown Technologies
    Your right. I should have said a 5 and a 2. That gives you a total a 15.15mm.

SS Grrrrrrrl
    Your right. I should have said a 5 and a 2. That gives you a total a 15.15mm.

Yeah... but a 5mm and a 2mm will totally screw up the chain line (at least on my drivetrain). The King Cog with it's two 5 mm spacers is smack down the middle. So a 4 mm and a 3 mm for me please!

ali'i hua
    info i got:

with the standard cog on a King SS hub, you'll need a 2 and a 3mm plus the cog.

for a standard 8 speed rear, you'll need in between 25 and 30mm of spacers.

SS Grrrrrrrl
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSSer
    info i got:

I think we've established that 8.15 + 2 + 3 = 13.15 mm = Not enough spacers for the 15 mm freehub body on a CK SS disc hub.

-arschloch-
    Apr 2004
    OK, I have been doing a little searching and found this thread. Please help me figure something out.

Brett
    OK so according to brett for a 8/9 spd cassette I need:

20+5+3+2 = 30 mm of spacers
    8.15 mm boone cog
    38.15 mm total width

Or using a c-king cog I need:

33.15 mm of spacers
    5 mm king cog
    38.15 mm total width

But then slowSSer says:

Quote Originally Posted by slowSSer
    info i got:
    Does a shimano freehub body require 38.15 mm of spacers? If not, how many spacers do I really need for a CK cog and a normal shimano freehub body?
    To air is human, to dig is divine.

Brown Technologies
    9spd conversion kit 10mm, 10mm, 5mm, 3mm
    CK 5mm, 2mm
    I had it wrong before these are the spacers that seem to be working.
    Brett