Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Boone Cog Wait?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    184

    Boone Cog Wait?

    I have an order for a cog, spacers and chainring dated April 28th. How long are the average Boone order times? I hadn't expected this length of wait and am having a hard time contacting Brett. TIA

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J-RAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    251
    took just under 1 month( aprox march 9-April 5th or so) for my cog and spacers. I would assume he got hit with a spring rush

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: movingmountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Helibee
    I have an order for a cog, spacers and chainring dated April 28th. How long are the average Boone order times? I hadn't expected this length of wait and am having a hard time contacting Brett. TIA
    I got an e-mail from them the other day about getting a chainring. He said there is about a three week lag time. I believe everything is made to order.

  4. #4
    And He was Not
    Reputation: Enoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,655

    Uh Umm

    May Last order took 43 days to be exact.
    If you can catch him at the right time, he can do a 2 week turn around someties.

  5. #5
    Kam
    Kam is offline
    A hopped on pop.
    Reputation: Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,397
    i ordered a 44t 130mm ss/fixed ring from Bruce and Brett on 3/9/05. i am still waiting on the ring.

    i did email Brett (Bruce takes the orders, Brett CNC's the rings) about 4/12/05 and he said that the order was misplaced when he was moving to a new shop. he said he'd get my ring out to me ASAP and also cut a outer ring for me (which is a $30 or so upcharge because of the finish work). i thought it was pretty cool that he gave me the free "upgrade".

    another month went by with no ring in sight. i emailed again 5/10 and Brett said he was going to cut it this past weekend. i hope he got around to it and i hope he remembers the outer ring upgrade.

    the Boone to stuff is worth it but do not be surprised if it takes awhile to get it.i would definately have a back up endless kick ass cog in hand if you need a cog to ride. i am happy right now with the 44t vuelta ring i have on my ride now, so the 2 months of waiting hasn't really gotten to me.

    what is funny is that my custom cx frame was ordered around the same time and that should be due from spectrum any time now. a ti chainring and a custom steel frame with a sweet paint job take the same amount of time to make...go figure

    i have ordered a boone ring before (a ss spiderless ring for xtr cranks). great stuff and Bruce and Brett are both cool guys.

    cheers!

  6. #6
    ali'i hua
    Reputation: SlowSSer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,793
    i was quoted three weeks as well on another cog and a truvativ splined chainring.
    so, at least there's some consistency here.

  7. #7
    Slave to the grind
    Reputation: cherrybomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    517

    how do you pay da man?

    Ive been dreaming of some boone ti cogs.. does he accept checks or credit card? can anyone tell me the procedure?

    Thanks!
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    i ordered a 44t 130mm ss/fixed ring from Bruce and Brett on 3/9/05. i am still waiting on the ring.

    i did email Brett (Bruce takes the orders, Brett CNC's the rings) about 4/12/05 and he said that the order was misplaced when he was moving to a new shop. he said he'd get my ring out to me ASAP and also cut a outer ring for me (which is a $30 or so upcharge because of the finish work). i thought it was pretty cool that he gave me the free "upgrade".

    another month went by with no ring in sight. i emailed again 5/10 and Brett said he was going to cut it this past weekend. i hope he got around to it and i hope he remembers the outer ring upgrade.

    the Boone to stuff is worth it but do not be surprised if it takes awhile to get it.i would definately have a back up endless kick ass cog in hand if you need a cog to ride. i am happy right now with the 44t vuelta ring i have on my ride now, so the 2 months of waiting hasn't really gotten to me.

    what is funny is that my custom cx frame was ordered around the same time and that should be due from spectrum any time now. a ti chainring and a custom steel frame with a sweet paint job take the same amount of time to make...go figure

    i have ordered a boone ring before (a ss spiderless ring for xtr cranks). great stuff and Bruce and Brett are both cool guys.

    cheers!
    Me too, been emailing since February when he said he would order special stock for some orders. Yours must be one of them. I think I'm two days ahead of you.

  9. #9
    The Top Cap Guy
    Reputation: Fast Freddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    951
    I ordered a 19t cog and it was right at 3 weeks.... and the 21t ordered a week later took 4 weeks. Great stuff and worth the weight if your not partless (keeping you from riding). These were recent orders - my 21 tooth cog just got here last Friday.

    I paid him via Paypal through his website.

    FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

  10. #10
    Kam
    Kam is offline
    A hopped on pop.
    Reputation: Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,397
    cherrybomber;
    here is a link to his chainring page;

    http://boonerings.com/cr/cr.html

    just click on order and all the sizes/prices are listed. any special remarks, just type it in the box.

    pacman...
    curious, what are you ring specs??? i was thinking there aren't too many peeps ordering a 130mm/44t fixed/ss ring, and he probably just didn't have stock to make the sucka. oh...and let me know when you get yours, my ring should be in 2 days after that

    cheers!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    cherrybomber;
    here is a link to his chainring page;
    pacman...
    curious, what are you ring specs??? i was thinking there aren't too many peeps ordering a 130mm/44t fixed/ss ring, and he probably just didn't have stock to make the sucka. oh...and let me know when you get yours, my ring should be in 2 days after that

    cheers!
    I ordered a spiderless for Truvativ, he had to get special thick stock to make bigger rings. On second thought maybe he doesn't need the it for yours (?).

  12. #12
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,196
    The wait on my 16t cog was approx 2 weeks (showed up today)

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fritZman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    528
    I ordered my spiderless FSA 32t ring at the end of February and I'm still waiting for it.

    I've heard that it should be any day now, hopefully the wait was worth it.

  14. #14
    ali'i hua
    Reputation: SlowSSer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybomber
    Ive been dreaming of some boone ti cogs.. does he accept checks or credit card? can anyone tell me the procedure?

    Thanks!
    yes. and paypal.

  15. #15
    6x7=Dont Panic!
    Reputation: TheRedMantra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,013
    I was told 3 weeks for my cog and spacers. Its been two. My wheels will be done by friday and I think I might have to order an endless cog so I can start riding them and not worry about the the alu body . I hope it shows up on time but now all of you are getting me worried!
    Herro prease

  16. #16
    my knees hurt
    Reputation: singlespeedsycip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    462
    Boone rings take a while to get...my order took over a month to get but the wait is well worth it. Brett is very busy and sometimes hard to get a hold of...he is probably buried in spring time orders right now. Brett's a great guy and will get your order to you. Perfection takes a while to create after all.

  17. #17
    6x7=Dont Panic!
    Reputation: TheRedMantra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,013
    Since my last post a few hours ago I have recieved an email from Brett. He cut my cog today and it should ship by Friday! He actually finished a bit quicker than the 3 weeks I was quoted.
    Last edited by TheRedMantra; 05-18-2005 at 12:40 AM. Reason: word choice :)
    Herro prease

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    184
    I too, received notice that my order had partially shipped and that the balance would be complete by weeks end. Thanks to all for the replies.

  19. #19
    Slave to the grind
    Reputation: cherrybomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    517

    more questions from the ignorant

    thanks for the link!

    question is which spacer should i use? is this with the assumption that it is for the middle ring.

    -Jay
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

Similar Threads

  1. Boone disc-fixie cog content
    By itsdoable in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 12:26 PM
  2. DIY fixed cog / ala Boone
    By qtip in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 11:17 AM
  3. Wait time on Boone cog?
    By teamdicky in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 12:40 PM
  4. Boone cog and spacers?
    By MI Endo in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 09:33 AM
  5. Thoughts on Boone Ti cog
    By smudge in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 10:41 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.