Boone and Chris King Cogs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Boone and Chris King Cogs

Hi, I have a weird problem. I got a new set of wheels with Hope hubs. I was planning to just slap my 16t Kick Ass Cog on it today an go riding. To my surprise it would not fit, it was just to tight to put it on the hub. I also had a Surly 17t cog laying around that I ended up using and which fits just fine. But that means I had to also switch the chainring from 34 to 32t.

My questions is, does someone know if Boone or Chris King fit more like the Surly or more like the Kick Ass cogs. Also does anyone know where one can actually buy a Boone cog?

Out spokin'

Another option?

Quote Originally Posted by RiderInTraining
    Hi, I have a weird problem. I got a new set of wheels with Hope hubs. I was planning to just slap my 16t Kick Ass Cog on it today an go riding. To my surprise it would not fit, it was just to tight to put it on the hub. I also had a Surly 17t cog laying around that I ended up using and which fits just fine. But that means I had to also switch the chainring from 34 to 32t.

My questions is, does someone know if Boone or Chris King fit more like the Surly or more like the Kick Ass cogs. Also does anyone know where one can actually buy a Boone cog?
    If I recall correctly, there was a batch of Kick Ass Cogs that were too tight. I believe that the owner of the company altered the spec to make subsequent batches fit freehub bodies better. A new one might not give you any fit problem.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

i don't give a shift
    Also does anyone know where one can actually buy a Boone cog?
    http://www.boonerings.com/cr/cr.html

mtbr member
    got my boone chainring off of ebay. i spoke to the dude that makes the boone stuff via email and about 2 weeks ago, he had about a 1 to 2 week delivery on his products. he said his production is dependent on the availability of ti raw materials which apparently is sketchy at best.

Big Wheel Homer !!

Boone on Hope no problems. You should be able to order from Boone here. If not The Path Bike Shop I think stocks some Boone stuff, just a couple bucks more but without the wait.

Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, I give Boone a call tomorrow.

He Cruzthepug, it looks like you even found the matching spacers -- nice!

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Thanks guys, I give Boone a call tomorrow.

He Cruzthepug, it looks like you even found the matching spacers -- nice!
    You can get to spacers from Boone as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0