Bonty Fork- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bonty Fork

from the east

Bonty Fork

Hey!

Now I dunno if ya'll are too jaded to believe it, but an inquery I sent to Bontrager came back with the response that the new Switchblade forks will be shipping by February.

Thought some folks might be interested.

At 445 mm, it's a touch long for my frame, but this may be the fork I hold out for.

eric.

The Top Cap Guy
    My 06 Poprad Disc came with the rigid carbon fork - is this the style you're talking about?

FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

mtbr member

not the same

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
    My 06 Poprad Disc came with the rigid carbon fork - is this the style you're talking about?

FF
    It's a mountain fork.

The Top Cap Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by noslogan
    It's a mountain fork.
    I understand that - I remember seeing spy photos of the new Bontrager forks and there was 26" mtn, 29 Mtn, and Cyclocross. 3 types if I remember right - but I was wondering if the new switchblade was the carbon legged one - or if they have another fork.

FF

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    All the forks are built on the same technology, same rough style of fork. The mountain ones obviously have a much wider/beefier looking crown. But the fact that the cross forks are out there makes me much more optimistic that the mountain forks will come out close to when fisher claims.

YO MAMA

from the east

Um yes!

I understand that - I remember seeing spy photos of the new Bontrager forks and there was 26" mtn, 29 Mtn, and Cyclocross. 3 types if I remember right - but I was wondering if the new switchblade was the carbon legged one - or if they have another fork.

FF

Here's one of the carbon mountain ones - There are also supposed to be nearly identical ones with aluminium legs as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=40399131&size=m

eric.

The Top Cap Guy
    Just curious - these forks are supposedly on the fat side... wouldn't a Pace fork be just as good? They look very similar? (and are available now)

FF

from the east

well...

Just curious - these forks are supposedly on the fat side... wouldn't a Pace fork be just as good? They look very similar? (and are available now)

FF
    The Pace forks look nice, and I'm sure they're solid, but I prefer a little more meat. Plus they're pricey. I was looking at the aluminum Bonty, which is supposed to come in at around $200.

Ideally, I'd buy a Kona P2, but the damn thing is just way too short. No good. So then the Kelly forks are nice, there's one in my size...But I get hung up on the fact that the only thing that seems to seperate the Kelly from the Kona is the three-times-higher price tag. Sure, there must be other differences, but then everyone goes on RAVING about their P2, while the best anybody says about the Kelly is "Yeah, it's nice. Wish I'd just bought a Kona and saved a hundred bones."

So for about the same price, the Bontrager fork seems pretty nifty. Who knows though.

eric.

mtbr member
    Pace is light, well made and looks good.
    But they are too light and flexy for my taste. (190 pounds)
    I liked the Rc31, but that was before I tested a kelly 438. Much more stable, and comfortable enought.

I would love to see a Bonty or Pace with steel tubes. Maybe the new 953 tubes?

Espen
    Last edited by Espen; 01-30-2006 at 02:36 PM.

from the east

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Espen

I would love to see a Bonty or Pace with steel tubes. Maybe the new 953 tubes?

Espen
    Seriously...That would rock. But you enjoy the Kelly?

eric.

mtbr member
    The Kelly is a great fork!

E

Members who have read this thread: 0