Bontrager Ti Lite conversion to single speed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Bontrager Ti Lite conversion to single speed

Hi, I have recovered from a dark corner of my attic a Ti Lite. I would like to turn it into a single speed with a rigid fork. Any ideas on the rebuild and where to get a I" suspension corrected rigid fork. I can't seem to find any thing. Would I be better off building a new wheelset with lighter rims etc. ? Thanks

velocipede technician
    Quote Originally Posted by venicelake
    Hi, I have recovered from a dark corner of my attic a Ti Lite. I would like to turn it into a single speed with a rigid fork. Any ideas on the rebuild and where to get a I" suspension corrected rigid fork. I can't seem to find any thing. Would I be better off building a new wheelset with lighter rims etc. ? Thanks
    got any other bonty's in the attic?
    looking for 20-21" P team

CB2
    Jam Econo
    Tange makes a fork with a shorter axle to crown dimension, around 400mm if I'm not mistaken. As a frame of reference, a Salsa Cro-Moto fork corrected for 80mm of travel is 425mm axle to crown.

I like wheelies
    Vicious Cycles will build you a fork with the correct axle-crown. Build an ENO eccentric wheel rather than fooling around with tensioners.

I have both on my SS-ed Race Lite and I couldn't be happier. Unless I was to ever swap all the parts over to a Ti Lite.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by venicelake
    Pace offer a fork in 1" and 420mm length.
    https://www.pacecycles.com/product.a...D=2&subcat=461

Mtn Biker Machinist

Check the Classifieds and Ebay

There are 2-3 forks on Ebay, and one in the classifieds right now that may work for you, check the links below:

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...ct=1233&cat=41

http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.co...MEFSRCHQ3aSRCH

Post pics when you get it built up!

Frog

Members who have read this thread: 0