BMX Drivetrain on Single Speed- Mtbr.com
    HIYAH

BMX Drivetrain on Single Speed

https://images.quickblogcast.com/832...9/100_0414.JPG

Used a redline euro BB with no spacers, ti spindle, 5mm thick 33 tooth animal chainwheel, shadow conspiracy chain, demolition medial cranks...suprisingly light. I did not weigh everything but it felt lighter than the FSA external bearing that was on here. Mucho stiff.
    TTHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

bui
    Ain't afraid of no ghosts
    That looks awesome!
    I think I'm going to have to copy you....

You ran this race with no real heart
    Yeah right back at the start
    You'd already lost it

HIYAH
    Thats ok...I copied someone else! Looking at BMX parts and catalogs (Dans, Albes, Etc...) really takes me back to the hey day of MTBing (90's). They are some great boutique companies!

You know, for kids
    nice setup, here's mine...

FMF Powerstroke BMX ISIS race cranks with FMF 34T chainring and Haro Big Block sealed pedals. They are very light forged alloy and a bargain when I bought them at $20. The price is now $30 for the ISIS version I believe. I added a SKF roller bearing bottom bracket to make it near indestructible. Since this picture I have replaced the Haro pedals with FMF Powermoto pedals...
    Last edited by madcap; 12-07-2007 at 09:08 AM.
    disclaimer: I sell and repair bicycles

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Looks nice, How do you measure the BB for the 3 piece cranks? The sizes shown are mis , US and Spanish? I never bmx'ed so I have no idea what that means!

HIYAH
    I beleive you mean MID, which is a press in version of american BB sans cups. American is the large cup based BMX, mid is american without cups, and spanish is another cupless press in version slightly smaller than mid... None of these have anything to do with MTB's. The BB you are looking for is EURO. Profile, redline, odyssey, etc all make euro BB's and they sometimes call them euro upgrade kits. Most all of the 19mm and 22mm splined cranks will work with a euro BB of the right size. 19mm allows larger bearings so it is probably better for MTB.

BTW...I had trouble with the profile BB...ending up going with a redline which worked perfect.

Members who have read this thread: 0