Thread: bmx crank

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

bmx crank

i have a 29er single speed it has a bmx 3 piece crank. i9 was wonering what people thought its a full rigid and i have little problems with the crank as far as mantanence. the bike is so light would i really see any advantage in gettring a mtb crank

The Bad
    besides the slight difference in weight... no... the cranks you have now will last way longer than most mtb cranks.. i run bmx cranks on my dj and dh rigs

mtbr member
    I have bmx cranks on my monocog, I also have a bmx stem and bmx cruiser bars and bmx platforms and bmx chainring and........ I love the bmx stuff! It looks cool and its strong..

Probably drunk right now

I used to run Profiles...

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy067390
    i have a 29er single speed it has a bmx 3 piece crank. i9 was wonering what people thought its a full rigid and i have little problems with the crank as far as mantanence. the bike is so light would i really see any advantage in gettring a mtb crank
    They functioned great on my ss. I switched because I kept cutting the crap out of my ankles on them because the rentention bolt housing sits proud of the crankarm. My ankle would rotate around and smack that every so often.

But as far as function, they worked great.

Members who have read this thread: 0