Thread: bmx chainrings

I like endos

bmx chainrings

will a bmx front chainring work with 110mm 5bolt crankarms for singlespeeding? I guess, I mean I know they make 110mm 5bolt chainrings for bmx my real question is whether or not there's a problem with bmx specific chainrings for singlespeed or if they'll work just as good as mtb chainrings. ONly asked because it seems like they are strong and inexpensive and come in a wider variety of sizes. Oh yeah, and they look cool. Thanks.
    As for the Pyramids, there is nothing to wonder at in them so much as the fact that so many men could be found degraded enough to spend their lives constructing a tomb for some ambitious booby, whom it would have been wiser and manlier to have drowned in the Nile, and then given his body to the dogs. - Henry David Thoreau

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerFly
    will a bmx front chainring work with 110mm 5bolt crankarms for singlespeeding? I guess, I mean I know they make 110mm 5bolt chainrings for bmx my real question is whether or not there's a problem with bmx specific chainrings for singlespeed or if they'll work just as good as mtb chainrings. ONly asked because it seems like they are strong and inexpensive and come in a wider variety of sizes. Oh yeah, and they look cool. Thanks.
    I am running a 43t Tuff Neck BMX chainring on my fixie (3/32") and it works great. There is no reason you can't run one on an SS. Like you said, they are strong and cheap. Go for it.

I like endos

by the way..

are most mountain chains 1/8 or 3/32? It would make a difference as many bmx chainrings are 3/32. Thanks again.
    As for the Pyramids, there is nothing to wonder at in them so much as the fact that so many men could be found degraded enough to spend their lives constructing a tomb for some ambitious booby, whom it would have been wiser and manlier to have drowned in the Nile, and then given his body to the dogs. - Henry David Thoreau

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

3/32

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerFly
    are most mountain chains 1/8 or 3/32? It would make a difference as many bmx chainrings are 3/32. Thanks again.
    Most of the 110 bmx chainrings should work fine w/ a 8speed 3/32 chain, a wider 1/8 singlespeed or track chain would also work but is not necessary