Blue Jean Bike Shorts for Ireland- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Blue Jean Bike Shorts for Ireland

I'm thinking about a costume for the Worlds in Ireland this summer and I thought some blue jean bike shorts might be good, but I'm having a tough time finding them. Anyone see such a thing? I swore I saw a pair sometime. I was planning on going as a cowboy or something. If I get the shorts a hat and a vest will finish things off nice.
    '12 Scott Scale Expert

Ovaries on the Outside
    Don't go too specialized, my friend, as the most comfortable blue jean bike shorts you are going to be your favorite pair of jeans and then break out some scissors.

I have found that cut offs are the best moisture wicking short period, and I'll be damned if they are the best short to wear to the bar after the ride. Cutting the shorts to the right length is probably the most important aspect of wearing blue jean shorts. Too long and your movements will be hampered, too short and your legs will rub the nose of the saddle.

I don't wear my tighty whities with these shorts, or my balls get too clammy, so I commando, unless doing a long road ride. Then I wear my cut offs under some padded lycra. But cut offs are best by themselves, cause they give you the freedom to get down and get aero.

As you know by now, Wranglers make the best technical riding cut offs.

Yo.
    Nothing says costume cowboy like some Carrera chamois.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    I am a poser. But forums.poser.com doesn't seem to exist, so I come here instead. ;)

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I raced in the SSWC09 in Durango and dressed up in a similar theme. I folded my bike shorts up so you could not see them under my daisy dukes. I left the pockets intact that hung out a good 6 inches below the jeans and they held all my tools, tube, etc. Scored a sweet shirt that said i love BJ's.

If you are single, dress up like the biggest dirt bag possible and the girls will flock to you. I had hot girls that wanted to get their picture taken with me. Some guy who dressed up in a conservative costume approached me and said all the hot chics are flocking to the dirtbags......damn.
    I laughed and said better luck next time

Quote Originally Posted by TerryHowe
    I'm thinking about a costume for the Worlds in Ireland this summer and I thought some blue jean bike shorts might be good, but I'm having a tough time finding them. Anyone see such a thing? I swore I saw a pair sometime. I was planning on going as a cowboy or something. If I get the shorts a hat and a vest will finish things off nice.

Category Winner
    Full length acid washed is much better.

WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

mtbr member
    I think I should just man up and wear the cut-off jeans. I'll just need one of those really big belt buckles.
    '12 Scott Scale Expert

Members who have read this thread: 0