Blue Collar bikes???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Blue Collar bikes???

Just picked one up as a townie. Anyone have any information on these or pics?

I heard they were one of the first production single speed frames, late 90's or so...

Here is a link I found.

http://www.geocities.com/drivingsbad/home.htm

Thanks

In FTF We Trust
    I've got a test of one from the mid-to-late 90's that I'll dig out. I know Bike Magazine liked it but never saw much from the company. The link you have pretty much covers most everything you'd want to know about Blue Collar.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Robert from Blue Collar lives across the street from me in Sacramento. It doesn't look like he's home right now. What do you want to know?

They're gorgeous frames but he's not building any right now. He's thinking about doing some more.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yeah if you have some test information that would be cool.

Just picked one up and trying to get a little history on them. From what I have heard only about 15 or so were made?

Mine seems to be a 27.0 or 27.2 post, and I am not sure what fork length it is corrected for. I have a 400mm ridged that I put on but that seem wee bit sort.

Its got a fair bit of surface rust so I hope its ok. Gonna ride it for a bit and if I like it, will take it in for paint.

Would like to get a decal set in the future if some one has any...

So I guess questions would be what tubing is it and what fork length I should run.

Cheers, Shawn

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    My guess is that the seatpost is a 26.8 unless the frame is an early one. Also, from our conversations I think that most of his frames were designed around an 80mm susp fork. He has a Kinesis rigid on his, though I think he was also experimenting with a Fox F100.

Where are you? If you can post a photo I can show it to him and maybe get you some more info.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jakob
    My guess is that the seatpost is a 26.8 unless the frame is an early one. Also, from our conversations I think that most of his frames were designed around an 80mm susp fork. He has a Kinesis rigid on his, though I think he was also experimenting with a Fox F100.

Where are you? If you can post a photo I can show it to him and maybe get you some more info.
    Well the guy I got the frame from said he used a 27.2 post, but I can't seem to fit any 27.2 posts in it (well almost can). So I have been using a 27.0 post.

I tried the frame with a 400mm on-one fork, but it seems a bit better with a 440mm. My guess is that it was made for a 65mm travel fork.

I located in San Francisco, and I just got the frame so I dont know its history.

As you can see it has some rust on the down tube at the base of the water bottle mounts and some other minor surface rust. I hope its ok, but the tubes don't look THAT thin. I will ride the bike for a bit and if I really like it will get a new paint job.

Anyway yeah that would be cool if you show him some pics to see if he can id the frame.

Let me know if you need some more pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Ay, we should go ride. I'm also in SF. I'll be back in Sac over the weekend and will show him the pictures if he's around. I think that frame popped on craigslist once and he tried to get me to buy it but I didn't have the funds at the time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jakob
    Ay, we should go ride. I'm also in SF. I'll be back in Sac over the weekend and will show him the pictures if he's around. I think that frame popped on craigslist once and he tried to get me to buy it but I didn't have the funds at the time.
    Sounds good. Been doing some mnt rides around the city since I moved here as I don't have a car, not bad riding if you look. Anyway PM me your email address.

Cheers, Shawn

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Robert was racing with Mad Cat bikes at the 24hrs of Cool, you might contact them to get ahold of Robert as well.

Robert was the instigator to get Sherwood at Ventana to run his first batch of SS frames. Robert worked for him at the time, I believe anyway. Robert I remember working on and off for Sherwood while also endeavouring into his custom brand Blue Collar. They're sweet frames, every once in awhile I'll come across one her in the Sacto area.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    hey shawn-

check your PMs.

jake

Members who have read this thread: 1