Blacksheep Bars?- Mtbr.com
    Wandering not Lost

Blacksheep Bars?

who owns them? ...your thoughts on them... and has anyone seen one break?

thanks

That's gonna leave a mark
    I have one. Haven't been able to ride with it yet because of fork issues...Looks sweet! I plan on riding hard and fast, but no racing on that bike.
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

Chronic 1st-timer
    miSSionary has a nice set of 'em....
    & they look comfy.

Calling miSSionary!!!

mtbr member
    PM Missionary, JSD303, or MAteo

mtbr member
    ONE set has broke. James did make some he used for a bit and then he donated them to SlowerThanSnot after a bike jacking a while back on the GDR. At that time James was using a lighter ti tube and I believe it was his first attempts at cruiser/geezer bars. This was the only bar to my knowlege that has broke and I also have some that are the same generation (1 and 1/2 yrs old at least) and mine are still great!!

I also have the enduro riser and have had it around about a year and LOVE IT!! James will stand by his work and I have also seen a lot on MTBR lately about warrenty issues...Go to a good builder like James and you won't have these issues. I only ride Black Sheep stuff and can't ever come close to saying enough good about James or his his work, I am SOLD!!
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I have been working mine pretty hard for awhile and had no problems. I remember James telling me that someone had one snap at the stem - after that he started using Aluminum shims between the stem and the bar with no problems. I have the shim and have really enjoyed riding with the wide Ti riser bar. James is the man and he makes great stuff - as an added bonus he does stand behind what he makes. Give him a call and he'll take care of you!

John
    Last edited by JSD303; 08-07-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0