Bike shops in Orlando FL- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2012

Bike shops in Orlando FL

I'm visiting Orlando at the moment and would like to go to a some bike shops and get some upgrades for my SS Bikes, can someone recommend me bike shops that usually carry SS specific parts. I have a few shop addresses already but It'd easier to go to the shops that usually deal with the SS crowd.
    One thing I'd love to get is a better SS specific rear mountain bike hub, white industries, hope, ck, something along those lines.

Thanks in advance for any help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Outspoken bike shop.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The only bike shop I have been to in Orlando that is ok, is Orange Cycle. People who work there were pretty rude and stuck up to me but they had a huge inventory. Maybe they were having a bad day? Orange Cycle - Orlando - Central Florida's Largest Bike Shop- Specialized Cannondale Raleigh Schwinn Electra

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Theres really not too many shops in town that carry a lot of single speed stuff, try Retro City Cycles or Ace Metric in Winter Park, both good shops and good people. I like Bikeworks but they dont carry too much in way of ss stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    The last time I went to Orlando I been to a shop called Bike Works. There were this guy there who was really kind and had all the patiance in the world to answer all my questions.

The shop is really small and they work with just a few items in stock, though.

Step by, anyway. You may have some luck and find some SS stuff there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HugoLanza View Post
    The last time I went to Orlando I been to a shop called Bike Works. There were this guy there who was really kind
    That's funny because my lbs is called Briarcliff Bike Works ... mostly referred to simply as "Bike Works," and we call our buddy who owns it "kindman."

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Orange cycle was always rude to me when I came in. Bike works was a good shop, there are a bunch of shops that have probobly closed since I lived there.

Dave's world cycles was pretty good for service. Outspoken in lake Mary was the best though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by HugoLanza View Post
    The last time I went to Orlando I been to a shop called Bike Works. There were this guy there who was really kind and had all the patiance in the world to answer all my questions.

The shop is really small and they work with just a few items in stock, though.

Step by, anyway. You may have some luck and find some SS stuff there.

I live near two of the Bike Works and I've had nothing but problems with the one on Colonial. Every time I go in everyone is just sitting around. The buy two tubes get one free is a nice touch though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I would suggest Ace Metric or Retro City.

I have visited Orange Cycle numerous times and I have never experienced a rude employee.

Members who have read this thread: 0